• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

navy wives

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hey so my husband is taking his physical on Tuesday to see if he can join the navy. I'm really nervous about it. Also the fact of him being gone. The longest we have ever been apart is 2 weeks. We also have a 18 month old daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Apollos82
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:02 PM
It will be okay. Military life has its ups and downs, just like any other thing. It's going to be what you make of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama728
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Ya I understand that. I'm just worrying about when he's gone and all the bills that are gonna be due. It's going to be a while until he gets his 1st paycheck. Does he get seperation pay on boot camp?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I'm not a good one to ask about that, but I believe you will have an opportunity in all the process to meet with someone and ask all these questions. Make a list and don't be afraid to ask.

The moms on here have great advice too, but you'll learn there are some you heed and some you take with a grain of salt.

Quoting mama728:

Ya I understand that. I'm just worrying about when he's gone and all the bills that are gonna be due. It's going to be a while until he gets his 1st paycheck. Does he get seperation pay on boot camp?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pugsmuggler
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Write him everyday, even if you don't send them all it will help. If you can, make a video of daddy for your little one, also lots of pictures. Do not let yourself start everyday with 'omg he's gone', go to the park, have playdates, clean, start a hobby (even if you suck at it, it will be worth it). 

You will not get separation pay for Boot Camp. 

mama728
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Thanks for the advice. Then I guess I should get a part time job.

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

Write him everyday, even if you don't send them all it will help. If you can, make a video of daddy for your little one, also lots of pictures. Do not let yourself start everyday with 'omg he's gone', go to the park, have playdates, clean, start a hobby (even if you suck at it, it will be worth it). 

You will not get separation pay for Boot Camp. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)