Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Urinating on the enemy.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 18 Replies

Am I the only person who doesn't feel angry at those marines for doing it?  Not that I WANT people peeing on other people but I saw how different my husband was when he got back. He was angry towards people shooting rockets at him and such, and I can understand somewhat that these people were angry.  They are constantly under attack or watching for an attack.  It doesn't excuse it, they're supposed to be held to a higher standard and they'll get their punishment, but *I* can't be angry at them.  Anyone else or am I just a bit crazy? 

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM

There are just some things you *don't* do...  It was disrespectful and disgusting...

What if they were peeing on our dead?  Would you still not be angry? 

jealousymagnet
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I'm not angry at them at all. Do I think its wrong? Yes. I honestly can't say that my DH wouldn't do the same. He's a different man and I'm a different woman because of the things we have seen. Both totally different in nature but still disgusting awful.

I've lost my brother, we have lost friends and dh lost soldiers. That's our situation, imagine those SMs stories.

So, No. I'm not angry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ANavyGirl
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I'm not angry I'm just...disappointed I guess. I understand how something like this could happen, but that doesn't make it right. We're supposed to be better than that. I think they should be punished accordingly.

Apollos82
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM
I am torn. I am frustrated that they put it on YouTube. I am disappointed that it happened. But I "get" how and why it happened.

But I am not angry. I cannot say that my husband would do any differently or that I wouldn't do worse, had I seen what they have seen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pishyah
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Quoting jas_momof2:

There are just some things you *don't* do...  It was disrespectful and disgusting...

What if they were peeing on our dead?  Would you still not be angry? 

If the marines urinated on fellow soldiers?  Then, I'd be super pissed.  Since I'm pretty sure you meant if "the enemy" were peeing on our dead, I'm going to say I'm pretty sure they do just as much crap to our men as we do to them or imagine doing to them.  Does that upset me?  Yes.  The whole situation is upsetting.  I still understand it enough to not blame someone for wanting to do something like that. 

buppyluck
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM
6 moms liked this

I posted this on my fb account...

"Rep. Allen West (R-FL) on the Marines Incident: "I have sat back and assessed the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers, Shugart and Gordon, had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah. All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq? The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps. It should be videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter. As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell. As General George Patton noted in 1944, "I hope the Lord has mercy on our enemies, because I won't."

And I guess that says it all. I know they are in the wrong for breaking the Geneva convention- but I am an American, I have burried more war dead than I would like to think about, and while I know this will not bring them back...yea well I am human...

Pishyah
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Quoting ANavyGirl:

I'm not angry I'm just...disappointed I guess. I understand how something like this could happen, but that doesn't make it right. We're supposed to be better than that. I think they should be punished accordingly.

This is more reminescent of how I feel about it.  They know better, should have done better, and while I would WANT to do it, I can't say I WOULD.  Nor can I say that I wouldn't, though.  I agree that they should be punished and I'm sure they will. 

Pugsmuggler
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Quoting ANavyGirl:

I agree. 

MyJaidon
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Im not angry but I am dissappointed, and a little disgusted. I like to think our troops hold themselves to a higher standard than that. My dh has seen a lot more than I have but he claims that he shares my sentiment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM
4 moms liked this

Angry? No. Disappointed and disgusted? Yes. 

Who cares at what standard they hold our dead? They are disgusting. So what? That does not mean we have to lower ourselves to THAT. Two wrongs do not make a right...

I will say that the people defending their actions- saying there should be no punishment, and what they did was complete acceptable -does anger me. It is not okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)