Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is fair pricing to watch two children 24/7 during training?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

Dh and I will both be gone on training for about a week at the same time. Our sitter watches the kids each week for $130, and I asked her about watching the kids for the full week. What would be reasonable to pay? Two kids, one 7 one 18 mos. The 7 year old will catch the bus to and from school. Any suggestions? 

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I would at least double it...

ASigler86
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I would pay a baby sitter at least $300, probably $400 (factoring in meals and extra responsibilities of 24/7 care).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Foley
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I watched 2 kids 24/7 for 2 weeks and the mom paid me like $500 a week plus bought all the groceries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanD
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I would, at a bare minimum, double it and if you can afford it I would pay more than that.

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Double plus cost of food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomNtheRes
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

We had discussed 300 and buying groceries, problem with that is I will be gone for two weeks- I leave a week before dh and he isn't competent enough to buy the groceries for over there. Maybe I will just make a huge shopping trip. It will get worked out one way or the other. Thanks for the input, this training is actually going to hurt our finances until all the pay comes in(I'm reserves) so once we get everything I will probably give her a thank you card with more in it- she is an amazing sitter. 

violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Quoting bramamber:

Double plus cost of food.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)