• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new army wife-northern CA

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi I'm in northern CA and my husband is leaving for basic in 2 weeks, he will be 11X infantry and will be in fort benning GA for training. I just wanted to know if anyone else has a hubby training there and what their experience was like, also how you are coping, I have a preschooler 3yrs and a school age 9yrs, he's homeschooled as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2be77
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Hey! omg my hubby is there right now too! he shipped out from MEPS on the 10th and starts this week there.  Im not doing to well with it this is all new for me. im in cali to in monterey county. i have 2 year old and one on the way

Redel1205
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Hey! I'm glad that you contacted me. Oh wow, if I had one on the way right now I would be a wreck. Sorry that was probably not the best thing to say, but when I'm pregnant I am really emotional. Well my husband has not left yet but it is really scary for me right now. I actually cried about it for the first time in front of him the other night. I try to appear strong, because when I don't he gets worried about how I'm going to handle him being gone. I have a 3 year old girl and a  9 year old boy. I'm Redel, nice to meet you by the way. :)

mommy2be77
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Its ok lol. Ya i am an emotional wreck my two year old is acting out since my husband has left i honestly think its cuz he is not here. when is his ship date? It was hard to say good by im still adjusting

Quoting Redel1205:

Hey! I'm glad that you contacted me. Oh wow, if I had one on the way right now I would be a wreck. Sorry that was probably not the best thing to say, but when I'm pregnant I am really emotional. Well my husband has not left yet but it is really scary for me right now. I actually cried about it for the first time in front of him the other night. I try to appear strong, because when I don't he gets worried about how I'm going to handle him being gone. I have a 3 year old girl and a  9 year old boy. I'm Redel, nice to meet you by the way. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)