Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy blues

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM
  • 15 Replies
I'm bout to be 32yrs old and we are in Japan. We have two kids 6 and 5. Now after I forgot to take b c correctly last month. Surprise!!! Don't know if I'm happy or sad.. How do you start over after 5 yrs? I was just starting to enjoy me time again. Lol!! Beating myself in the head!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberdy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:17 AM
It isn't that much of an age gap. My sisters are 5 1/2 and 4 years older than me. My oldest sister and I are best friends. You will be fine. We were surprised by #4. My son was only 9 months old and my dh had had a vascectomy that didn't work. I know strange and torn you can feel with a surprise pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:19 AM
My baby is 6 1/2 years younger than my twins. I love the age difference. Everything will fall into place, congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I don't think 5 years is really so long to start over. Congrats on the upcoming wee one :)

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Congrats! 5 years is a nice gap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I had a 6 year gap between #2 and #3.  It wasn't that bad! And the older ones are great with helping. You will be just fine. Good luck!

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Congrats! 5 years is a nice gap.

leftylefty
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

but i understand where you are coming from. me time? after 5 years??? quite an adjustment. but as always, once you have him/her, you will feel as though life didn't quite make sense without him/her...you remember that feeling with the first one? second one? yup. it will be okay. don't beat yourself over the head.

but oh boy do i understand where you are coming from...i take a pregnancy test every month simply because i am far too tired with my TWO to become pregnant lol! (meaning i'm nervous every month unecessarily. paranoid)

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Starting over isn't easy...  There's 11 years between my boys.  Some days it's great - others it's not...  I wouldn't trade either one of them though...  :)

jenkybrie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I agree, starting over isnt easy. It will come back easily for you I'm sure! I have a 10 year gap and I actually dont mind it. They have become my little helpers ;o)

bramamber
by Amber on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM
My oldest two are 5 years apart. I think it is great. There are 3 1/2 years between number 2 and 3 and that's is to close for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)