• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you now or have you ever done laundry at a laundromat?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM
  • 37 Replies

We used to have a neighbor that always took her laundry to the laundromat despite the fact she had a perfectly functioning washer and dryer.  That her was alone time.

Do you now or have you ever done laundry at a laundromat?

drowning in laundry

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babowes
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Yes I do almost evrytime I pcs. But a lot of hotels have them now. It is pretty great you can do so many loads at once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katherine696997
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Quoting babowes:

Yes I do almost evrytime I pcs. But a lot of hotels have them now. It is pretty great you can do so many loads at once.

babowes
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Just rememebered now when we first got to Hawaii and we were in Wakiki for a mont there was a place that di laundry by the pound. Wash dry and fold.....dh figured it out....it was only like a buck more than doing ourselves in their machines. So we dropped it off one day and picked up the next....what a treat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anikahaynes1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Yes we have when we pcs. Other wise no I use our washer and dryer after our hhg are delivered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganmom05
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 AM

When we lived in Virginia we didn't have a washer/dryer but there was a laundry mat just across the street from our apartment complex so it worked out fine. That's what we did on saturday mornings.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I have a few times when my mom was redoing her back room and when we first moved to Fort Leonard Wood and didn't have a washer. I HATE them and don't plan on using again!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Nope, never have. There was a wash-mat rapist on the loose in the Fort Hood area not too long ago ... creepy!

BV88
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Not in an actual laundromat, but I have done laundry in a few different hotels across the country. Not fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sailorwifenmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quoting babowes:

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Nope. They have always freaked me out for some reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)