Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Deployment... Oh how I despise you!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey everyone,

So its been about 4 months since my DH deployed and for me it feels like forever.  Backround....I have a very active almost 2 year old son and also work full time so my days are pretty much like groundhog day!  Every day feels the same which I guess is a good thing because my son and I are in a very good routine.  But last night on the phone, I told my husband that its been almost 4 months since he left and his response was....."Really?  Already?  Wow, time really flies!"  Are you serious????  To me it feels likes its been 5 years since he left!  Though I wasn't mad at him, I was annoyed!  Just goes to show how different our lives are now that he's gone!  THough this is not the first time he has deployed since we have been together, this is the first time that he has deployed since we had our child.  I just wonder how things will change once he comes home! 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM

This deployment has flown by for me. I keep looking at the calender wondering where all my time has gone. But I set up a lot of things to keep me busy, outside of the daily routines. I also set up some goals that I am not anywhere close to reaching, so that kind of makes the dates go by a little faster...

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Our last deployment sucked. Sometimes it took forever and then it just seemed like time was flying.

BV88
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM
My husband says the same thing lol.

It's amazing/crazy how differently a spouse and a deployed member sees things.

Don't worry time will fly...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM

This deployment flew by for me. Ive been so busy and our home life has changed so much that I dont know where the time went! These last couple of weeks have been taking forever though and thats the hard part for me. Just stay busy and try to relax every now and then.

BTW, what two year old isnt crazy active?!

perfectwifenmom
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM

i just found news that my husband deployment has been extended im taking it pretty hard

LadyLuna429
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 3:52 AM
This is our first deployment, he left when my daughter was 6 months she's now 13 months and I Just had my newborn a month ago! It's been a hard year, and I can't wait for him to come home! I wouldn't be worried About what its gonna be like, you'll be too happy to have him home! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintage-misha
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 3:57 AM

I think our upcoming deployment will fly by. He's going to be really super busy and I have set my own personal goals that will keep me really busy as well. Hey that's a good thing though!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)