• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PCSING next month to Fort Riley.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  • 21 Replies
Hello Im Alexius mother of two and sahm. My husband is a combat engineer and we are pcsing next month to fort riley. I would like to get know some other moms in the area that aren't crazy or full of drama. Every place we have been a have stayed home and kept from making friends because I am very over protective of my family and don't want to bring around the wrong people, but im going crazy just me and the baby and dog. So I figure if I make a few friends before we move I can find people I really click with and make the most of this next place. I'm 25 I don't drink much and I don't smoke at all. I like to workout and be active, am a girls girl but I love being outdoors hunting and being around animals. Im from killeen, tx don't let that scare you away. lol We just baught a house in Junction City so if you by chance live in that area woohoo. Just hoping to find a bud maybe our husbands and kids will get along as well.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparta.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi! We live on post. Im 26, 2 kiddos, a hermit, homeschool mama, hate drama but like others drama for entertainment value lol as long as it doesnt involve me. I do smoke, but dont drink. Im as active as I can be. We like to go muddin' and ride the 4wheeler. We are both from OK.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ilaria
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Good luck! We aren't at Fort Riley but lived in Kansas for awhile. Hope you love it.

Military Spouses - attend school for free with MyCAA! Earn your paralegal, medical coding, office assistant, or medical transcription certificate in as little as 3 months.

babowes
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome and good luck!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caswebworks
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM

We no longer live at Riley (That was our last duty station). I think you will just love it there! Junction City is such a great city and you will be so close to Manhattan. If you are a mall goer they have one there...also all of the big name places to eat. Count yourself lucky, I think Riley is a wonderful place to live :)

txlady06
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM
You sound really fun. I like other peoples drama too that's funny.
Sparta.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Haha! Well, its the truth. My life really doesnt have any, which is a great thing. We are pretty fun, at least I think so lol. Dont really have any friends here, because of the hermit thing lol. But DH is gonna deploy soon enough, so we will start doing more w our homeschool group and SKIES classes. Let me know when you get here :)

Quoting txlady06:

You sound really fun. I like other peoples drama too that's funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soniam301
by Sonia on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I live inmanhattan. love it so far, only complaint is that there isn't a lot of indoor stuff for kids to do when is too cold or too hot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soniam301
by Sonia on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I like to have girls night at least once a month, without my kids or anyone elses! A lot of the people I know won't even leave their kids with their husbands to do that:/ I've met some really cool people here, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
txlady06
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:26 AM
I same here that is the only I have a facebook. We have no drama but we know how to have a good time. My husband will deploy soon as well so we will have lots of time on our hands. I will definitely let you know when we get there.

Quoting Sparta.:

Katherine696997
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Quoting Sparta.:

Hi! We live on post. Im 26, 2 kiddos, a hermit, homeschool mama, hate drama but like others drama for entertainment value lol as long as it doesnt involve me. I do smoke, but dont drink. Im as active as I can be. We like to go muddin' and ride the 4wheeler. We are both from OK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)