Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ironic! ugh! uprooted or stuck?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 18 Replies

why is it that...(from who I've spoken with...which hasn't been recent)

people who live in the same base for a long, long time are at a base that they hate? on the other hand...

people who love their base, friends, and life in general, are uprooted? yikes!

http://www.arirjames.wordpress.com
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Meh, I feel more ambivalence than hate. At this point, it is what it is. Being happy or sad about where we are is on me.
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I've heard about the black hole bases, but we've lived in 3 states in the past 4 years, sooo.... lol! I've never really despised anywhere we've ever been, though. I don't know if fun follows us around or if we just have the right attitude. hmmmm ;-)

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM
3 moms liked this

Attitude is everything...

victoriaherring
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I love my house on base. We've been there almost a year and I'm so scared it'll be time for us to leave soon. I'm enjoying it while we can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberdy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I people may just get tired of living in the same place.  We lived in Wa for 2 1/2 years and moved away and came back.  I'm hoping we will be here for a long time and we should be able to.  I wish we had never left.   Maybe it is just the military trying to make people miserable, LOL.

amberdy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM

This is so true, although I tried that in Savannah and it didn't work.  The humidity, biting sand gnats, snakes, brown recluses and black widows won and I moved.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Attitude is everything...

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I have been at Fort Lost in the Woods since 2008. Everyone says its a bad place but it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The worst part of here is the birgade that my husband is in sucks totally!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I've never hated where we are. It took a little bit (we are talking in months) to grow on me, but I kind of love it here now. WITH THE EXCEPTIONS of the long summers and nearly non-existent winters. If it was not for the seasonal issues, I could probably live here forever.

amberdy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM

You should move here.  We have long winters and almost non existent summers.  I will not stop trying until one of you move out here.

Quoting usmclife58:

I've never hated where we are. It took a little bit (we are talking in months) to grow on me, but I kind of love it here now. WITH THE EXCEPTIONS of the long summers and nearly non-existent winters. If it was not for the seasonal issues, I could probably live here forever.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Close! You're getting one of my BFFs March 01! *sniffle*  

Quoting amberdy:

You should move here.  We have long winters and almost non existent summers.  I will not stop trying until one of you move out here.

Quoting usmclife58:

I'm not drunk - I'm from Wisconsin!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)