• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*VENT* Just want a different duty station already.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM
  • 63 Replies

This is our first duty station. We moved here in November 2009, now ever since then it's been nothing but problems. This duty station has made us want out of the military completely. We're counting down the days until he EAS's. I know this makes absolutely no sense, but I just want to leave this state and dh doesn't care. Because he's not the one's dealing with housing, doctors, phone companies, water companies, and constantly being screwed over every time we try to fix our situation. Sorry, thank you for letting me vent, I feel a little better.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
magicalmommy12
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Im sorry mama :( If you dont mind sharing, where are you stationed...

USAFamily
by Melissa on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Sorry its so tough on you. ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bramamber
by Amber on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Where are you at?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ethansmommy1987
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM
We're at MCAS Beaufort sc. It sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Believe86
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM
I feel your frustration. Hubby and I wanna leave this duty station. He only has 2 years left in the Army and may not reenlist. We talked about it and agreed that he will reenlist if he gets pcs'd to a different duty station. Its a waiting game for now, but hopefully things will soon change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ethansmommy1987
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM
My husband is completely against reenlisting because of everything we've gone through. Especially with housing. They talk all sweet to him, but the minute I come in they act like I'm ungrateful for a rat/bug infested, moldy house, that was making us sick. I hope that you guys pcs soon. We probably won't, people generally stay here for around 8 years I've heard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Really? I thought Beaufort was a great place to be? My husband is dying to go back there.

lovingwifey
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM

We want to leave here. We got here July of 2008.  I am ready to leave!  

Ethansmommy1987
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Beauforts not that bad if you get lucky with housing. That was where our problems started. Whatever you do, do NOT move into laurel bay. And if you have any problems with your house move, the housing office could care less about everyone but themselves, and their liars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Can you rent a place off base?  It might be worth looking into if it's that bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)