• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!!!! Just tie my damn tubes already...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this
Apparently, I have to take a "class" in order to get a tubal ligation!!!
I'm 33 years old, I have 3 kids...2 girls, 1 boy. I can't afford anymore kids. I'm making a mature decision to not procreate and I have to miss school in order to take a class. Augh..... So aggravating!!
I know what I want... I know what it means...I know what's gonna happens....
Sorry vent over...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rancharobeans
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

LOL I feel ya

amberdy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

That's crazy.  I had my tubes tied when I was 25, the day after I had my fourth child.  I didn't have to take a class, but I also went to civilian doctors because my dh was in Korea at the time and I didn't live near an MTF.  

lovingwifey
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Thatn is ridiculous!  I was 22 when I had my twins.  (11 weeks early) I had a 15 month old also.  The Doc asked me if I wanted my tubes tied.  Silly me was doped up already and I thought they meant a hysterectimy. lol.  I looked at them like they were nuts (this was as they were taking me the OR) As soon as the c section was over and I was in recovery I was like "damnit" lol.  Hubby ended up getting fixed so its all fine, but still.  It is your body, you should be able to do with it what you please. 

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I don't see the big deal. Too many people do not really know what they are getting into, so I think it is probably a good idea.

The hospital here makes you take a "class" before getting an epidural. Every. Single. Time. It does not matter if it is your 1st or 12th, you are taking the class. They will not give you the epi -no matter how much you cry- if you do not take the class.

beerebelly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Yep I had to take a class. I was 33 also. They just have a nurse go over the differnt 'types' of procedures, what recovery is like etc. It really wasn't that bad and I was happy to get some of the info I knew nothing about.

beerebelly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

I don't see the big deal. Too many people do not really know what they are getting into, so I think it is probably a good idea.

The hospital here makes you take a "class" before getting an epidural. Every. Single. Time. It does not matter if it is your 1st or 12th, you are taking the class. They will not give you the epi -no matter how much you cry- if you do not take the class.

Do they do that before labor? I hope! I cannot image being in active labor and having to take a class lol!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I think you can take it any time after 4 months or something like that. They recommend you do it in your 7th month. 

Quoting beerebelly:

Quoting usmclife58:

Do they do that before labor? I hope! I cannot image being in active labor and having to take a class lol!

LLbaby143
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM

eh! that sucks!! at least youll be EXTRA informed. :/

dtristan78
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I just hate the fact, I have to miss my Math class! It's only once a month on the first Wednesday at 1pm and if I wait until summer, my kids will be outta school...and NO kids allowed rule!!
I'm a math dummy, so I need class!!

Quoting usmclife58:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM
No class for me and I'm 26. Sorry! That really sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)