Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bonus tax

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
Is there any stipulations where they can or can't reup for a tax free bonus while deployed? Is it only certain locations, do they have to be there for a specific length?
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofkamnlela
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Oh and any cons to doing it down range?
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure what you mean?  If they are down range and have the opportunity to reup and they qualify for a bonus it is tax free.  Does that answer your question?

lilnena98
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM
I'm not sure what your asking sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
magicalmommy12
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I have no idea heres a bump

momofkamnlela
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Dh will be someplace for about a month on deployment.. he acted like ur wouldnt be able to get the whole benefit of deploying while he is there. I think he thought bc it will be such a short trip. He's awful at explaining things in detail, thought I'd get a better explanation here. First reup he's doing since we've been married and I just have no clue.

Quoting LOswald0314:

I'm not sure what you mean?  If they are down range and have the opportunity to reup and they qualify for a bonus it is tax free.  Does that answer your question?

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

If he signs the paper down range, it should count.

Quoting momofkamnlela:

Dh will be someplace for about a month on deployment.. he acted like ur wouldnt be able to get the whole benefit of deploying while he is there. I think he thought bc it will be such a short trip. He's awful at explaining things in detail, thought I'd get a better explanation here. First reup he's doing since we've been married and I just have no clue.

Quoting LOswald0314:

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM

They can re-up and get their bonus whenever it is approved. It is not location qualified.

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM

if he is in a tax free zone ( and there are specific zones for tax free) and re-ups the bonus would then be tax free.

however- whether they will let him while on deployment is another matter. - technically they should but because the deployment is so short they command may say they do not have the staff available to do it.

momofkamnlela
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I suppose that's what he was getting at. blah.
Quoting gunsgirl:

if he is in a tax free zone ( and there are specific zones for tax free) and re-ups the bonus would then be tax free.

however- whether they will let him while on deployment is another matter. - technically they should but because the deployment is so short they command may say they do not have the staff available to do it.

Katherine696997
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Quoting momofkamnlela:

Oh and any cons to doing it down range?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)