Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Operation Tiny Toes (Giving Birth While Spouse Is Deployed) *update*

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Has anyone ever heard of Operation Tiny Toes? We are stationed at Fort Carson and they are at different duty stations and basically take pictures of the birth of your baby when your spouse is deployed. I really want to get this done for my husband since he will be in Afghan during our babies birth so if you have any information to give me on how to get in touch with them I would appreciate it.

So I finally heard back from someone and basically they advised me to just go to the facebook page and contact a photographer from one of the albums. If you are interested in doing this I have seen that they are here at Fort Carson, Fort Bragg, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, and I think I saw one other installation but I can't remember which one. I wish there was an easier way like a form to fill out but I hope this helps for any other mommies wishing to do this or wanting to pass the information along to another mommy who is pregnant while their DH is deployed and wants a birth photographer.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tthomas87
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM

BUMP!

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I had never heard of it but I googled it and it brought up FB pages for each base.  I'd start there.

kristin_1984
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM
I gave birth back home in oregon while my husband was deployed so i am not sure but here is a bump for ya.
LLbaby143
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM
bump! ill also be delivering while Dh is deployed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tthomas87
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM

It kind of sucks but I'm glad there is someone else to be able to relate. If I find out anymore information I will get it to you if it's something you think you might want to do for your hubby.

Quoting LLbaby143:

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM
A lot of us can relate. Most of us have given birth alone at least once! Did you find anything on the FB page?

Quoting tthomas87:

It kind of sucks but I'm glad there is someone else to be able to relate. If I find out anymore information I will get it to you if it's something you think you might want to do for your hubby.

Quoting LLbaby143:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tthomas87
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I found an email address on their facebook but I don't have a facebook account... I know I'm weird because I don't have facebook lol. I emailed them and when they emailed me back they just asked where we were stationed. But haven't emailed me back yet. Thanks for looking it up for me.

you rock

Quoting LOswald0314:

A lot of us can relate. Most of us have given birth alone at least once! Did you find anything on the FB page?

Quoting tthomas87:

Quoting LLbaby143:

buppyluck
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I looked it up there is a site at Carson, but all it gives in an e-mail addy...let us know what you find out. I know quite a few wives who would LOVE this!

tthomas87
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I will for sure keep you ladies updated. I would love to let as many other wives know about this so that they can take advantage of it and pass the information along. I'm still waiting on an email response as of right now.

Quoting buppyluck:

I looked it up there is a site at Carson, but all it gives in an e-mail addy...let us know what you find out. I know quite a few wives who would LOVE this!

della84
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I actually just asked the hospital where I delivered what the protocol was.  They gave me all the information and we got everything set up before hand.  When I was finally admitted to have my little guy, my nurse called the IT guy that was in charge of everything and he came down to hook up the laptop and webcam.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)