Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Where is everybody stationed

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Replies (81-90):
mrsdic
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:52 AM

not being a jerk, but why??  am i missing something??  

Quoting lilnena98:

Me too.. But I love it here

Quoting mrsdic:

fort bliss.  

frown mini

denise3680
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tthomas87:

I'm jealous! I hate Fort Carson, we are hoping to get stationed at Ft. Buchanan, PR next and be able to indulge in island living as well.

Quoting ma2calebzoeyeli:

Ft. Hood, Texas right now.  Moving to Hawaii this summer.

we are currently stationed in  Puerto Rico.  I sland living takes some gertting used to and it s expensive here, but it is beautiful here.  We are out at Roosev elt Roads in Ceiba which is on the eastern part of the island.  Buchannan has a school on post and the housing is old but it is right in the city, lots to do.

ma2calebzoeyeli
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM

LOL.  I want Carson after Hawaii. Dh thinks I am crazy. I am really looking forward to Hawaii although I will be glad when summer is here and the move and all the crap that goes with it is done ;o)

Quoting tthomas87:

I'm jealous! I hate Fort Carson, we are hoping to get stationed at Ft. Buchanan, PR next and be able to indulge in island living as well.

Quoting ma2calebzoeyeli:

~~~Tina~~~ 

tm_burriss. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

tthomas87
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM

OMG denise3680, do you mind if I ask you a BILLION questions?!?! I have literally wanted DH to get stationed where you are for over a year. He checked and they have slots open for his MOS he's just waiting until he speaks with the retention office in March to re-enlist to request it. I have so many questions I haven't been able to find a lot of information online about Ft. Buchanan. I saw a few pics of housing but they were just of the outside, even though it's older housing is it nice on the inside? Do you all live off post or on post? If you live off post where do your kids go to school? Do they speak english in the schools off post? What's the normal price of a meal at a place like Chili's off post? What do you love the most about living there and what do you hate the most about it?

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting tthomas87:

Quoting ma2calebzoeyeli:

we are currently stationed in  Puerto Rico.  I sland living takes some gertting used to and it s expensive here, but it is beautiful here.  We are out at Roosev elt Roads in Ceiba which is on the eastern part of the island.  Buchannan has a school on post and the housing is old but it is right in the city, lots to do.

tthomas87
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Aaahh that is too funny! If you do get stationed here after Hawaii you might like it. I am just terrified of heights and there is so much to do however it is all up in the mountains. If you are not afraid of heights you will probably love it here. I have heard good things about Hawaii, my close friend who just PCS'ed to Bliss is from Hawaii and she always talks about the things that you can do there and it sounds exciting! I am really excited for you!

Quoting ma2calebzoeyeli:

LOL.  I want Carson after Hawaii. Dh thinks I am crazy. I am really looking forward to Hawaii although I will be glad when summer is here and the move and all the crap that goes with it is done ;o)

Quoting tthomas87:

Quoting ma2calebzoeyeli:

denise3680
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Quoting tthomas87:

OMG denise3680, do you mind if I ask you a BILLION questions?!?! I have literally wanted DH to get stationed where you are for over a year. He checked and they have slots open for his MOS he's just waiting until he speaks with the retention office in March to re-enlist to request it. I have so many questions I haven't been able to find a lot of information online about Ft. Buchanan. I saw a few pics of housing but they were just of the outside, even though it's older housing is it nice on the inside? Do you all live off post or on post? If you live off post where do your kids go to school? Do they speak english in the schools off post? What's the normal price of a meal at a place like Chili's off post? What do you love the most about living there and what do you hate the most about it?

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting tthomas87:

Quoting ma2calebzoeyeli:

lol, I do not mind answering your questions at all, if you like you can private message me and ask away.

We do not live on base, my hubby is stationed at Roosevelt Roads which is in Ceiba about an hour from Buchanan.  My kids go to a very nice private school The Palmas Academy, all the kids of military parents go here if they are stationed out this way.  It is an english cirriculum school, meaning they teach all subjects in english.  My kids are bilingual.  Your kids, if you guys get stationed at Fort Buchanan, will go to the school on base, it teaches in english, so no worries.  Prices are higher here, simply because most things have to be shipped  in.  I hate the driving here, it is crazy and follow no set of rules, talk about mad road rage:)  My hubby says I drive like a true Puerto Rican now:)  Guess I should set up a fund for the tickets I will get back int he states.  Customer service here is none existant, attitude, hell I lived in Maryland and caught less crap from them:/  I love soo many things, weather.  I love being able to wear flip flops and shorts in Jan.  I love how people really do not look at persons race here, it iswhat it is.  Being hispanic and living mostly in all white or all black areas, I finally fit in.  It is a really non-confrontational place.  People are relaxed, easy going and mind they business. 

JLo1486
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Eglin AFB
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SorrensMommy
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Ft Richardson (JBER) Joint base elmendorf richardson in Anchorage AK. I LOVE it here!

JRLaugh
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Camp Lejeune Jacksonville NC
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I guess for us is because we are city people. We are used to the traffic, and such. When we got stationed in bases that were very small I about went crazy. plus, there is plenty to do here for the kids and for us. We are always doing things, and I have made some great friends that make time pass also. Sorry you don't like it here!

Quoting mrsdic:

not being a jerk, but why??  am i missing something??  

Quoting lilnena98:

Me too.. But I love it here

Quoting mrsdic:

fort bliss.  

frown mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)