Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where is everybody stationed

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Replies (321-330):
Nay1983
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM

If I think too much i get sad thinking I will be here for 3 yrs but taking it one day at a time seems easier.  I am in the same boat right now...I am 6 months pregnant and sometimes lack the motivation to go out and do a lot.  My DH can't sit still so i still end up going everywhere lol.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Yeah the days can be long here...I swear sometimes I wonder if my husband is ever coming home lol. He works with camp services on Futenma so he's always got a million things to do...Thankfully they finally have a Ssgt in the office so he's not having to stay as late the past couple weeks. We've been here since Novmeber 2010 and I have just really begun to like being here...I had a lot of home sickness being this is our first move away from my family. I love how gorgeous it always is even when the weather sucks and how awesome the locals are too! We're finally starting to get out some now since he was pretty busy last year and I was so tired and pregnant I didn't feel like doing much and it has been great seeing everything!

Quoting Nay1983:

I love the island.  It is beautiful and the people here are very friendly.  I just work so much that there isn't much time to really enjoy it.  We got here mid February.  How about you...how do you like it and how long have you been here?

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Woot woot. How are you liking it? Been here for long?

Quoting Nay1983:

me too...

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Okinawa, Japan

ang84
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM

NAS Jacksonville - Jacksonville Florida

mommy2be77
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I'm an hour from you. But we are PCSing in June to ft knox

Quoting Denecia:

Presidio of Monterey in Monterey, CA
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2be77
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM
My sister is at AIT there

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Did I answer this already? I don't even remember. We're at Ft Huachuca, AZ ... I'm sure you've probably never heard of it, nor can you pronounce it. LOL ;-) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Yeah, I still fight the homesickness a lot but like you said-one day at a time! And really looking back the year and a half we've been here has passed rather quickly. It's not easy when you are pregnant either because then you have those hormones to fight too lol. When I was pregnant we still did a lot but some of it I want to go back and do again because we left early either from me being too exhausted to continue(the zoo) or the baby being hungry and me needing a place to sit quietly for him to eat(Shurijo Castle) lol...We did a lot of walking both on base and off as well and found a lot of stuff like that. My DH is the same way...He wants to be on the go just about every weekend ALL weekend lol!

Quoting Nay1983:

If I think too much i get sad thinking I will be here for 3 yrs but taking it one day at a time seems easier.  I am in the same boat right now...I am 6 months pregnant and sometimes lack the motivation to go out and do a lot.  My DH can't sit still so i still end up going everywhere lol.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Yeah the days can be long here...I swear sometimes I wonder if my husband is ever coming home lol. He works with camp services on Futenma so he's always got a million things to do...Thankfully they finally have a Ssgt in the office so he's not having to stay as late the past couple weeks. We've been here since Novmeber 2010 and I have just really begun to like being here...I had a lot of home sickness being this is our first move away from my family. I love how gorgeous it always is even when the weather sucks and how awesome the locals are too! We're finally starting to get out some now since he was pretty busy last year and I was so tired and pregnant I didn't feel like doing much and it has been great seeing everything!

Quoting Nay1983:

I love the island.  It is beautiful and the people here are very friendly.  I just work so much that there isn't much time to really enjoy it.  We got here mid February.  How about you...how do you like it and how long have you been here?

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Woot woot. How are you liking it? Been here for long?

Quoting Nay1983:

me too...

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Okinawa, Japan

Tigger0421
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM
My husband and I will be stationed in Jacksonville FL
Tigger0421
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Quoting ang84:

NAS Jacksonville - Jacksonville Florida

How long have you been in Jacksonville. We will be moving June 1st. Really nervous about it. This will be his first station!
ang84
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I have been here since July 2011 and will be here for another 3 years or so

SemperFiWifey06
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Currently Pensacola Florida... Although come August we will be in Okinawa Japan!

mdhart03
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Anyone in Hawaii??? Moving there later this year, kinda scared

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)