Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM
  • 17 Replies

Thought we could use a new debate post!!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Soniam301
by Sonia on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I look at it this way, everyone chooses a job. The people in the military made  a choice to enlist. The NFL, NBA all made a choice. The people make a choice to watch those sports, buy those jerseys and what not. If someone goes into the military (especially now) it's not like they don't know what they are getting into. Yes, it's a hard life and job. We as family members sacrifice a lot, but it was also a choice. I don't need special attention because Im married to a soldier, my husband doesn't need special attention because he is a soldier. That's my 2 cents :)

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I agree with the not needing the special attention. I do think it is kind of wrong at the salary pay difference. But then again I have always thought the military should be paid better!

lilnena98
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Sonia I agree with you. We all make our own choices.

Quoting Soniam301:

I look at it this way, everyone chooses a job. The people in the military made  a choice to enlist. The NFL, NBA all made a choice. The people make a choice to watch those sports, buy those jerseys and what not. If someone goes into the military (especially now) it's not like they don't know what they are getting into. Yes, it's a hard life and job. We as family members sacrifice a lot, but it was also a choice. I don't need special attention because Im married to a soldier, my husband doesn't need special attention because he is a soldier. That's my 2 cents :)

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM
3 moms liked this
My two cents is, I think a lot of people in sports and entertainment are douches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkohler
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I agree with you about choosing your job.  I am not sure what the percentage is of people who are professional athletes verses people who are in the military, but it seems to me that you have to be extremely talented to become a successful professional athlete.  (This probably sounds bad and I am not putting down the military!)  I guess if you look at it as far as supply and demand, there is a small amount of people who can become a professional athlete, so they will get paid a large amount.  

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree about everyone choosing their job.  Also, even though I often complain about how much athlethes/moviestars/musicians make....it's because WE buy into their profession.

SierraLynn
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I agree as well.
But I do not believe that pro athletes, actors and singers deserve the money they recieve.

Quoting lilnena98:

Quoting Soniam301:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamisty249
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I agree.  My biggest pet peeve is when people start talking about the budget cuts and how it's sooooo unfair they are cutting our budget when there are football players making millions.  HELLO, their salaries are paid for by different people!!!!  We didn't chose this life for the glory.

Quoting Soniam301:

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Completely agree.

Quoting Soniam301:

Aqua_Jen
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
All of this!

Quoting SierraLynn:

I agree as well.

But I do not believe that pro athletes, actors and singers deserve the money they recieve.

Quoting lilnena98:

Quoting Soniam301:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)