Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let the questions begin...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM
  • 26 Replies

Alright, ladies, we are going AD Army, if they'll have us. I'm okay with all of it. Now, I'm in "get the details" mode. 

So, I will have lots of questions. Here's a few:

What is the process for the wait for base housing? I'm clueless. 

We would prefer to have my husband in the barracks and me stay where we are until housing becomes available. Is that even a legitimate idea? We don't want to move more than once. 

Also, if we are able to do this, he insists that we will still get BAH while I am at home and he is on base. I don't think that is correct. Does anyone know? (Seems like we just had this discussion because a wife didn't fly to Germany like she was supposed to or something like that...)

Does anyone know about the likelihood of an opening for an MP with the garrison unit at Ft. Lewis? That's our goal. 

Lastly, for now, what other bases have garrisoned MPs? 

It's okay to tell me if I'm being niave, idiotic, or whatever....I know how we roll. ;) I just ask that along with a smack upside the head you offer your advice, too. :)

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apollos82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:47 PM

bump

violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Don't know, but here's a bump. Good luck:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wjpassanante
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Geo Bachelor right now with all the cuts not highly (like 98%) unlikely. If his order say  acompanied  then  so be it.

I am not sure about the res but here is a bump for you

Apollos82
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Could you maybe elaborate upon this just a bit? 

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

Geo Bachelor right now with all the cuts not highly (like 98%) unlikely. If his order say  acompanied  then  so be it.

Maddies_mom101
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM

geo bachelor is usually went a military members are separated from family and able to live on a base  whole BAH goes back to the family. Usually this is done when  usually someone is stationed overseas ( unaccompanied tour to korea , etc.), school  for the military member when it is under 6 months or there is special reason for the family  to now be able to be with the member like medical or whatnot.

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

Apollos82
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Ah. Thank you. I understand now. 

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

geo bachelor is usually went a military members are separated from family and able to live on a base  whole BAH goes back to the family. Usually this is done when  usually someone is stationed overseas ( unaccompanied tour to korea , etc.), school  for the military member when it is under 6 months or there is special reason for the family  to now be able to be with the member like medical or whatnot.

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:32 AM

It is unlikely they will allow him to stay in the barracks. Depending on where you are going, you could be offered a house right away, or it could be a year (or more) for the waiting list. It is one of those things no one can really tell you because there are too many factors. But, if they do let him have a place in the barracks, you will get BAH still.

No idea about the rest :)

Apollos82
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Thanks. We are aiming for Lewis, but fully realize that may not happen. Wait list there is about 3 months, at the very least. 

Quoting usmclife58:

It is unlikely they will allow him to stay in the barracks. Depending on where you are going, you could be offered a house right away, or it could be a year (or more) for the waiting list. It is one of those things no one can really tell you because there are too many factors. But, if they do let him have a place in the barracks, you will get BAH still.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I want to be at Lewis :(

Quoting Apollos82:

Thanks. We are aiming for Lewis, but fully realize that may not happen. Wait list there is about 3 months, at the very least. 

Quoting usmclife58:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)