• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

support

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM
  • 10 Replies

Just sent my son back to North Carolina where he will deploy to Afghanistan towards the end of next week. Feeling like someone has kicked me in the chest leaving me breathless as if I am going to hyperventalate. Any suggestions to help?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pugsmuggler
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM
((Hugs)) don't let yourself being overly focused on him leaving, start thinking up ideas for care packages, letters, fun cards etc. Plan for his return.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Quoting Pugsmuggler:

((Hugs)) don't let yourself being overly focused on him leaving, start thinking up ideas for care packages, letters, fun cards etc. Plan for his return.
BompsMum
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

i havent ever sent my son anywhere (he is only eight months old lol) so i cant imagine how you are feeling, i have however had to say bye to my husband when he was deployed, it is hard. a lot of wives will tell you to keep busy, it sounds like a glib response but its true, focus on how much you miss him wont bring him back any faster.

you can get care packages together, maybe get a digital recorder and record a message for him and have family and friends make a message for him as well to let him know he is missed and loved.

another suggestion is to find other people who are going thru a similar situation and be supportive of them, sometimes helping others makes you forget yourself even if its for a little bit.

you can volunteer to do things for the troops to continue to show your support of his purpose and mission.

good luck to you, you arent alone, even if it seems like it, i promise the time will continue to pass and before you know it he will be home again!

SierraLynn
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Great advice!

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenguyenclan
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quoting BompsMum:

you can get care packages together, maybe get a digital recorder and record a message for him and have family and friends make a message for him as well to let him know he is missed and loved.

another suggestion is to find other people who are going thru a similar situation and be supportive of them, sometimes helping others makes you forget yourself even if its for a little bit.

you can volunteer to do things for the troops to continue to show your support of his purpose and mission.

good luck to you, you arent alone, even if it seems like it, i promise the time will continue to pass and before you know it he will be home again!

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

((hugs))

bamababe1975
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM

hugsThe others gave you some good suggestions.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

bramamber
by Amber on Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:10 PM
((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilysmommy1120
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I am sorry... My thoughts are with you.

Make sure you send care packages.. Those can be so fun... You can google care package is ideas.. they have really fun idea's ... hobby related... holiday related.. etc send fun cards.. pictures... try to get a skype account if you do not already have one.

Try to find a support group. Also get with the FRO.

Try to stay as positive as you can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)