Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online Schools

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
  • 16 Replies

I want to use my mycaa for medical billing and coding but have no idea where to go?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilnena98
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM
No idea...here is a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

not sure for medical billing. have you tried your local community college for online courses in that area?

AminaChare
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

www.facebook.com/meditec 

They are always talking about using mycaa for classes so you can check them out.

iittssAMBER
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I use Fortis for Medical Administrative Assisting. I believe they have an online billing and coding program as well. They accept myCAA and everyone there is very nice. I just started my 2nd week of classes and i am in love! Def check them out!

thenguyenclan
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Quoting blondie.mom:

not sure for medical billing. have you tried your local community college for online courses in that area

Navy_Wife08
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

the local schools dont offer what I need online and I cant sit in a class

XOXOArmyWife
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Contact me; I work for an online school for military spouses! MeditecAdvisor@gmail.com

We have an A+ rating with the BBB and we are MYCAA approved. I can email you over info or you can like my fan page here and fill out a contact form: www.facebook.com/militaryspousecareers and an advisor can send you over some info and help anwser questions and get you started. We also offer an internship for some courses. 

SusanD
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

You should probably seriously research any program for billing/coding/transcription. For example, the one posted above, Meditec, in 5 minutes of research I found NUMEROUS complaints about their poor service, poor quality instruction, poor follow up, inability of their students to get a job after graduation, teaching of formats that are not widely recognized in the medical transcription/coding/billing community, billing for courses that were not signed up for, etc. I would be extremely apprehensive about signing up with a business (yes, it seems like its more of a business than a school) with reviews from its students and "graduates" like that.

XOXOArmyWife
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I think any company will have some complaints for sure; meditec has a lot of mil spouses working for them but I think their service was nice; I was a student with them also and no complaints on my end. Then again; I like to find out things on my own. The meditec employees refer you to an advisor who can help you out. Also; theres another one; I will get their info to you as well in a few hours when I get on my other computer; I have the info saved. They offer that course and are mycaa approved as well. They are another miltary friendly school. Hope that helps! 

XOXOArmyWife
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I am looking up any info on meditec I can for you; so far I only seen 3 BBB complaints but they've been in business over 40 yrs so thats nothing compared to what other companies get; I think every company gets complaints. No business will have zero for sure; just because it's impossible to make everyone happy and I do not know the complainers situation :/  The only complaints I seen were old dates too; over 5 years ago. I know the management I've talked to are nothing but kind people for sure and they only really have military spouses mostly working for them. I know for a fact because my friend whose on this site actually tried working for them and they try to keep it military spouses only for the most part; I thought that was interesting. I only found 3 complaints; but they only were from people who did not even complete the course. I did a lot of research beforehand too; I guess thre wasn't too many because none came on the first page or two of google when I typed meditec; then meditec reviews :( Also; I have people who attend regular community colleges and complain about not getting a job. That is honestly up to the student for the most part to win over an employer. I've done interviews for various companies working in promotions, marketing and brand ambassador work for years and honestly many people have degrees, certifications,etc. however; they can not rely on the school to babysit for them or make sure they're employed. They can surely provide all the materials, tools, etc. but after that; I don't think people can blame the school for them not landing a job...that is really not the school's job to make sure you are employed; it's up to the student to enter the workforce...for the most part. I never blame any old schools for not being employed or landing a job; I do not understand some people's complaints. But that is just my opinion; I am not a person who will bash anything and I listen to everyone's opinion. I am glad this topic came about. I love hearing about other schools and such.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)