Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Michelle Duggar: Overpopulation Is a Lie

Posted by   + Show Post

Does she seriously think the entire population could fit into Jacksonville, FL??

Newser) – What the world needs now is more children, declares 19 Kids and Counting mother Michelle Duggar. What about overpopulation? Not to worry, says the reality show mom. Despite the world supporting a record 7 billion people, the whole "mindset" of overpopulation is "not true; it's a lie," Duggar tells the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The idea of overpopulation is not accurate because, really, the entire population of the world, if they were stood shoulder to shoulder, could fit in the city limits of Jacksonville," says Duggar. "So if you realize that aspect of it, we realize we're not anywhere near being overpopulated," she explains.

"We've had other countries coming to our doorstep asking us to please let their people know that they need to have more children because their death rates are outnumbering their births rates and they're in crisis," Duggar adds, without specifying which countries she's talking about. Duggar, who recently had a family funeral for her miscarried fetus, said she agrees with Mother Teresa: "To say that there are too many kids is like saying there are too many flowers." The interview started with a question from a viewer asking if 19 children might be too many. "Oh wow," a shocked Duggar responded.

http://www.newser.com/story/142941/michelle-duggar-overpopulation-is-a-lie.html

by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
InMediasRes
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM
18 moms liked this

And exactly what "lifestyle" is she promoting? She's in a stable marriage (has been for many years), has a reliable source of income that is neither immoral nor illegal, built her home together with her husband and paid for it with cash so she has no mortgage, doesn't take government assistance to raise her family, and advocates making responsible choices based on your faith, your family, and your civic duty to your country. 

What exactly are you opposed to? 

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Sweet that the entire world could stand in one spot within the city limits of Jacksonville FL. Neat... But overpopulation would take into account living space... Using resources... Etc. so still think of everyone lived the lifestyle she promotes... Def have problems.

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not anti PS. All four of my children are in public schools. I just hate ignorant statements about homeschooling.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Homeschooling is fine... I wouldnt do it. I had a great experience in a traditional school. Plus as a former teacher... I'm pro public schools.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I had horrible experience in public schools. Public schools are fine for average kids. Ones who aren't ahead of the curve or below it. That is where the critical failures come into play. Too many kids in each classroom for teachers to adequately teach students at different levels.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Homeschooling is fine... I wouldnt do it. I had a great experience in a traditional school. Plus as a former teacher... I'm pro public schools.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I am just loving you today!

Quoting InMediasRes:

And exactly what "lifestyle" is she promoting? She's in a stable marriage (has been for many years), has a reliable source of income that is neither immoral nor illegal, built her home together with her husband and paid for it with cash so she has no mortgage, doesn't take government assistance to raise her family, and advocates making responsible choices based on your faith, your family, and your civic duty to your country. 

What exactly are you opposed to? 

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Sweet that the entire world could stand in one spot within the city limits of Jacksonville FL. Neat... But overpopulation would take into account living space... Using resources... Etc. so still think of everyone lived the lifestyle she promotes... Def have problems.

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM
3 moms liked this
A former public school teacher who shows nearly naked boob pics on a public site, OSM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
InMediasRes
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

SO totally agree with this.....you hit the nail right on the head with this statement.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

How can people argue pro choice when it comes to abortion, her body, her choice, yet when it comes to having more kids than people think acceptable it is no longer her body, her choice? Kinds of backwards to me. Either it is a woman's choice in every matter or it isn't.

The Duggars don't take money from the government to raise their children and their kids seem to be pretty grounded and well adjusted. I would never have that many kids but to each their own. If they can take care of their own business then that is exactly what it is. Their business.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM
6 moms liked this

I guess she promoting growing children in a stable, loving home with two parents who are emotionally supportive and there for their kids. I guess she is setting back the feminist movement. Maybe that is why people hate.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM
3 moms liked this

I think they are catering to the kids that are below the standard, ignoring the middle and above average kids. No Child Left Behind is BS. If a child cannot keep up, they NEED to be left behind. The system, as it is, is a disservice to the students and the rest of the world. We see examples of it every day on this forum.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

I had horrible experience in public schools. Public schools are fine for average kids. Ones who aren't ahead of the curve or below it. That is where the critical failures come into play. Too many kids in each classroom for teachers to adequately teach students at different levels.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM
That is the problem I'm having with my 11 yo son. He isn't "gifted" according to the tests, but he is so far ahead of his grade academically.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Thank you. Every now and them I come up with something good.

I agree with what you are saying in your replies.

Quoting InMediasRes:

SO totally agree with this.....you hit the nail right on the head with this statement.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

How can people argue pro choice when it comes to abortion, her body, her choice, yet when it comes to having more kids than people think acceptable it is no longer her body, her choice? Kinds of backwards to me. Either it is a woman's choice in every matter or it isn't.

The Duggars don't take money from the government to raise their children and their kids seem to be pretty grounded and well adjusted. I would never have that many kids but to each their own. If they can take care of their own business then that is exactly what it is. Their business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)