Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Ease your mind

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi there I am a mom who has a son in the Army. He has been in now for 3 years, and another 3 to go. He is suppose to be coming out to see me in July for leave. With everything going on in the world regarding our military and our children I would like to know how other mom's control the worry that goes along with a child in the military?

Thank you for feedback. I hope to hear from some of you soon.

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JuliaWoods99
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM
bump

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I am a wife so I don't know what to tell ya! I know when my husband was deployed it was keep myself busy, and not worry. If you worry it makes it longer and harder on you!

blondie.mom
by Charity on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Good advice :)

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I am a wife so I don't know what to tell ya! I know when my husband was deployed it was keep myself busy, and not worry. If you worry it makes it longer and harder on you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BompsMum
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

i am not a mother so i couldnt possibly tell you how to handle it.

as for how i deal; i keep in mind that worrying wont save him, it will make my days worse and possibly put undue stress on him (they love us and dont want us miserable).

i am usually a worry wart but i read a quote that i thought was quite true (its by michael j fox):

if you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesnt happen you've wasted your time. and if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen- you've lived it twice.

amonkeymom
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM

welcome

vmhuffchi
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:50 PM

THANK YOU!

babowes
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Pray
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsyfaith
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM

my thoughts are that you have to remember that he's been trained to complete the mission that he's on.  That's how I get through deployments, by knowing that he's well trained.  My MIL does care packages, and that seems to help her.  I know she often will set up a box at work for others to put items in as well, which helps her to bond a little with others who don't understand what it's like having a child deployed.  

Also, as a wife, I rarely watch the news.  I used to watch the nightly news everyday, but what they report on the news tends to be either sensationalized, or under reported.  I can't stand the way they report on the wars.  Things that are somewhat status quo get huge reporting, whereas things that may actually be quit newsworthy barely get a blurb.  

if you really feel that you want and need support from other mom's dealing with deployed children, you can contact your local va/vfw/american legion, and see if there are any active groups in your area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN