Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

last night i had a scare!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM
  • 21 Replies

my husband is an rdc here at the naval training center so i am used to him being gone.

we have lived in navy housing before but i want to throw in there that this is the first housing center that gave us a handout on how to protect ourselves IN OUR OWN HOME...

thanks for making me feel safe right after we sign the lease.

fast forward a year, and my son is in his crib sleeping and i am in the livingroom on the computer. i am used to my neighbors going in and out of their back door to smoke so when i hear some shuffling outside i think nothing of it.

then my screen door slides open, i have taken some tylenol pm so i tell myself that its my neighbor and i just THOUGHT it sounded like mine

then the handle starts jiggling

i now look like that person who is in the movie watching the door handle jiggle

then the door opens and the blinds start breaking off, the couch starts getting pushed out of the way. i was just about to make a dash for the kitchen to grab every knife we own when my husband's head pops in.

i would like to add that he wasnt in his usual rdc uniform, had i seen a flash of khaki or a red rope i would have been like 'oh its just phil' but instead the body forcing its way into our house was in all navy (pt sweats) and wearing a base ball cap (pt cap lol).

i kid you not when i say i nearly had a heart attack

how many of you out there go psycho protector? am i the only one who would literally call 911 ONLY AFTER i have murdered the person.

let me tell you what the police would find

a dead person, barely in the house, with every single utensil in our house sticking out of them (including the baby spoons).

i refuse to be that chick in the movie who has a gun but begs the guy to not come any closer!! I WILL BE THE ONE THAT SHOOTS FIRST AND ASKS QUESTIONS LATER!

my husband always says that its his word againt the other person's and if the other person is dead then.....

lol.

please tell me i am not crazy in my planning of murdering anyone who dares try to break in and hurt my family.

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LOswald0314
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM
3 moms liked this
If someone entered my home, I wouldn't hesitate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Oh and why was your DH coming in that door?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BompsMum
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:44 PM

well that is a story as well lol

the other day he started talking up power washers, how they are so great, you can use them for so many things. i was like 'oh yeah..' then i moved on.

an hour later he says 'i have a confession..i may or may not have bought a power washer'

THAT PUNK WAS TRYING TO GREASE ME UP ON THE IDEA OF A POWER WASHER!

so the power washer spigots (the gold looking head things) show up in the mail. the next day the assembly thingie shows up.

today he had an inspection of the compartments and they had to clean them. he had to get up at 3 am ish to be there by 4am.

because of that, he wanted to get the hose out of the shed at 8:30 at night (when its pitch black outside) so it would be packed for today.

my question to him was- you know that the door is locked, the blinds are pulled closed and the couch is in front of the door, i am not expecting you home...WHY NOT GO THRU THE FRONT

his reply: i didnt want to walk around.

yep.

as a side note- i wrote about it on fb and i nearly put 'my husband decided to come in the back door last night'

then i realized how that sounded.

rephrase!

Quoting LOswald0314:

Oh and why was your DH coming in that door?!

Lilysmommy1120
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I would of freaked out ....

violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
That would scare me, then I would be mad at my husban for scaring me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have my pistol ready as soon as the handle was jiggling. I get freaked out when dh isnt here at night. I jump for it at the sound of the neighbor below us sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I would've still hurt him! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatjessie
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my hubs would have been dead! I am definitely shoot first questions later. No screwing around here.

betsyfaith
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I totally would have been all over it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenguyenclan
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

i want to say that i would be the kill first ask questions later but i dont know...i hope that i dont have to find out!...

but the hubster says that i shouldnt try to be the hero and that i shoud just get the kids in a room and lock the door or something... blah to him i say!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)