Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

im not military yet but my heart is set like my love for my kids

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: should i join the military being a mom of 2 soon to be 3?

Options:

join the military

stay at home and just be a security guard

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

Ok im not military yet but i know i want to be. Im pregnant right now about 2 months but as soon as i have the baby my recruiter told me i just need to recover for 6 months and i can join. its going to suck leaving my girls nd fiance behind but i really want to do this since i was little i wanted to join. i almost joined at 17 with my parents consent but thats when i met my fiance and we got in a motorcycle accident and i was hurt pretty bad.. i recovered fast though and when i told my fiance what i wanted he told me he would leave me so i stayed with him and now we have 2 kids and 1 on the way and we talked a few months back and he agreed to support me then i found out i was pregnant again nd i have to wait longer then i was anticipating b4 i found out i was preggos i thought i would be in by the end of summer but now it might be next summer because of the baby....... i just know its going to be hard to leave my babys nd my man but i really feel like this is my calling i want to be army strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
mrschambers7508
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I think you should stay with your family. Military doesnt sound like a good idea for your situation. Good luck though!

violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:40 PM
The others have said what I would say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsyfaith
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Good luck!
;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenguyenclan
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM

i agree with what the others have said....but i wish you the best of luck if in fact you do get to join :-) 

usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Quoting KWnavywife:

I'm probably not going to have a popular opinion here but for you to up and leave your girls like that is incredibly selfish. It seems to me that the military dream ship has sailed and you failed to climb aboard. Oh and good luck on your man staying. He's already made it clear this isn't the life he wants. I'm not trying to be rude or whatever, but I've seen it. Kudos to your desire for serving out country (truly ) but I have a feeling you don't really have a good idea of just what is at stake.

krissy920
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I think  you should always to try live your dreams and if they dont work have a fall back plan that is there  in case  your dream doesnt work out.  My mom was a single  army nurse and she adopted my brother and I. Was she selfish , no. Did she bust her ass every day , yes. Personally i wouldnt come to forums and ask advice about joining. Talk to your family and friends ( the people who support you in life) not strangers. They would know better then any of us what you should do with your life.

bamababe1975
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM

If your fiance doesn't support your enlisting do you have family members who can help take care of your kids while you're gone? Because it doesn't sound like he's going to stick around if you sign up. Do you want to be in the Army so much that you're willing to risk him and your family for it?

Join us in the Pregnancy group

jedi_momma2
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I still dunno about that too many dependants thing, I enlisted a few days ago with three dependants, but I guess my situation is different than yours, I am reserves and we're dual military, so maybe that's why... any how, in your situation I think you should take time to truly make sure your fiance is on board, and that you're really ready, you can want it all you want, but it may not be the best thing for you and your family. 

cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Dual military is completely different than a single servicemember and the Reserves work completely different than active duty.

Quoting jedi_momma2:

I still dunno about that too many dependants thing, I enlisted a few days ago with three dependants, but I guess my situation is different than yours, I am reserves and we're dual military, so maybe that's why... any how, in your situation I think you should take time to truly make sure your fiance is on board, and that you're really ready, you can want it all you want, but it may not be the best thing for you and your family. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingourkids
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM

we are getting married before I go in once i graduate from job corp and we can really use the help the military provides..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN