Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Planned Due Date (Excited)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM
  • 23 Replies

My 12wk appointment went well the baby looks great. Heart beat is 158 a min. Also I got some interesting and exciting news. My doctor has decided that they want to schedule a date for induction around 38-39wks. Because my records show I had Luke my first in 20min of active labor after my water broke. (It really did go fast!) So now I get to pick my babys birthday COOL! I am very excited about this. My biggest fear is being one of those "Car Birth" moms. I think this will make things a little less stressful for me. Seeing as I am an army wife and have no family around I felt like I would share with my fellow moms. How is everyone else doing today? I hope you are all feeling well.

here is some back story of me and my pregnancy. The doctor I was at was my high risk doctor. I am 12wks I have a cyst on my ovaries. I am loosing weight instead of gaining despite attempts. So far I have lost around 20lbs. My progesterone levels have not increased so they have me on medicine. Also I myself am Immunodeficient my body does not create enough white blood cells to fight of infection or illness.

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenguyenclan
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM

congratulations on your LO!! :-) 

GodsAmiga
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! And being a car birth mommy isn't so bad. :-) Lol! But I am glad you'll be able to make sure you'll get to the hospital in time! Your baby looks adorable!!!!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Good luck!

cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Induction sucks, I have done it four times. If I ever had another baby, I wouldn't do it. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by Charity on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Best of luck :) congrats on the wee one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DizneyMomma2001
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I've been IV induced once...6 hours on a pit drip unable to move from the bed or walk around.  Good Luck!

CountryStrong84
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I was induced both times with mine and I had quick and easy deliveries with no complications. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pugsmuggler
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:51 PM
4 moms liked this
I will say congrats! But I think you should do more research on inducing that early for no medical reason (making it to the hospital and having your water break right away are not reason, imo). Good luck! My iv induction lasted 38 hours, not something I will ever elect to do again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beemer00o0
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM

here is some back story of me and my pregnancy. I am 12wks I have a cyst on my ovaries. I am loosing weight instead of gaining despite attempts. So far I have lost around 20lbs. My progesterone levels have not increased so they have me on medicine. Also I myself am Immunodeficient my body does not create enough white blood cells to fight of infection or illness. I should put that in the post sorry hun.

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

I will say congrats! But I think you should do more research on inducing that early for no medical reason (making it to the hospital and having your water break right away are not reason, imo). Good luck! My iv induction lasted 38 hours, not something I will ever elect to do again.

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Me too. Four inductions, and they are horrible! I had my first all natural with no drugs at all, and that was better.

Quoting cocoroo:

Induction sucks, I have done it four times. If I ever had another baby, I wouldn't do it. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)