Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fort Hood - daycare/schools

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM
  • 9 Replies
Does anyone have any advice on a daycare/ school for my 2 1/2 yr olds? I'm looking for part time. About two days a week. The base we came from was smaller so I just enrolled them in the hourly care on base, it was good to get them to interact with other kids and if I had dr. Appointments. We are in Harker Heights. Any advice on where to go or not go would be great. Thanks!
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lovebugs0710
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM

We've been at Ft Hood for 3 years and have never used daycares.  I just don't like the big daycares.  For awhile though we used a sitter on post that I found on sittercity.com, until her husband ETS'd and they moved.  Now, since we finally have amazing neighbors, we just ask one of the neighbors to babysit if we need it (which isn't very often).  

So I'm not help.  Just wanted to give you a bump though.  Good luck :)

Mom2BAgain10
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Its like 4.50 per hour on post
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Not around there so heres a bump. Hope some of the ladies can get you what you want!

ma2calebzoeyeli
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I have friends who use the hourly care here and like it.  I don't know much about the daycares around here beyond that. 

SusanD
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:18 AM
Sorry, I only know about ones in Cove.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinzM0mmy
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Thanks... I'll have to check around and look into on base hourly care, I heard it was hard to get in.
violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debbienutt32
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM

My 3 yr old goes to CDC on post and loves it. We looked @ daycares in heights and Killeen but did not like any of them:/ the only one that I loved was the montessori school (they do part-time also) but they had a 4 mth wait list....so you know it was a good school!  We are in HH also and just could not find anything we liked:/

LiLsMaMa21
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I'm getting ready to move there and I will be doing home daycare. Honestly when I was working I only had Lilly (dd) in home daycares. It's easier to know who is watching them at all times and background checks are easier to do on your own... I wish I was there now! I would say we could set up a meeting if you wanted to! Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)