Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Single Soldiers Retreat...

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM
  • 18 Replies

We aren't married, so my df decided to go on a single soldiers retreat this weekend. Well I trust him, but I still worry. Right now I'm feeling really jealous for some reason. I have never been like this before. I hate it!! Am I wrong to feel this?? I would never say something to him because he's not a big partier and doesn't really drink and I want to make sure he knows I trust him...UGH!! :(

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure what to say but there are going to be a lot of times that he has something to do and you will not be included. Once you are married you will be included in more but not everything. I wouldn't worry about it and plan something fun for yourself with your friends!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:20 PM

What is a singles retreat? I guess it depends on what it is. I might be kind of annoyed if the man I was committed to thought of himself as "single".  Sure, you aren't married yet, but still.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Is it the Strong Bonds retreat?

Quote:

About 50 percent of the Army’s Soldiers are single and most will get married while on active duty.  If you’re a single Soldier, you may also be far from home, lonely, and faced with the uncertainty of imminent deployment.  These pressures can lead to hasty decision‑making when choosing a life partner.

A supportive mate is extremely important — so the Army is committed to helping you learn how to make good relationship choices by offering the Strong Bonds Single Soldier program. With this program, you and other Soldiers from your unit will attend training off‑site for a retreat weekend.  In addition to relevant teaching and skills training, Strong Bonds weekends include time for relaxation, recreation, fellowship, and fun.

Strong Bonds programs are offered by Army Chaplains with the full support of your Commanding Officer.  You’ll gain practical, useful information based on a nationally recognized curriculum that’s been carefully chosen. You’ll learn to examine priorities, manage mate‑choosing patterns, and learn to evaluate a relationship’s potential for long‑term success.

The Strong Bonds Single Soldier program is designed to help you establish relationship goals and gain essential skills to help you make a good choice prior to picking a partner for life. 

wjpassanante
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Agreed. If you're engaged I wouldn't think you were "single"

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

What is a singles retreat? I guess it depends on what it is. I might be kind of annoyed if the man I was committed to thought of himself as "single".  Sure, you aren't married yet, but still.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM

They are really just a way for the single Marines to have a good time. It is not like a set up/ dating adventure or anything. Sometimes they have golf touneys or or cookouts or whatever else. It is open to anyone not married. I wouldn't worry about it.

SierraLynn
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Is it like a B.O.S.S. trip?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiLsMaMa21
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Quoting SierraLynn:

what's that?
LiLsMaMa21
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

this sounds like what he just explained to me. If he would have told me that going in I wouldn't have been worried at all! Lol.
lilnena98
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM

This is what it sounds like to me!!

Quoting usmclife58:

They are really just a way for the single Marines to have a good time. It is not like a set up/ dating adventure or anything. Sometimes they have golf touneys or or cookouts or whatever else. It is open to anyone not married. I wouldn't worry about it.

SierraLynn
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Boss is the program for single soldiers. Take trips and stuff. I took advantage of it a lot while in Alaska before I met the Hubby.

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Quoting SierraLynn:

what's that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN