Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

1SG all in my personal life

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

Maybe some of you former/current service members could help me with this...

My 1SG (army) is in my personal business. He comments about my relationship almost every time I talk to him, to me and my partner (who is in the same company). I would understand if it interfered with work somehow, but it doesnt. We are in separate platoons and the only time I really see him throughout the day is during lunch break, if that. This post is really messed up and everybody likes to get in everybodys business. Am I wrong for feeling frustrated/annoying/out of line that hes trying to pry into my personal life? I just feel like theres nothing I can do about it because of my low rank.

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
outtamymynd
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm pretty sure you could tell him to butt out. Unless you all are making everything public knowledge, he has no business in your personal life. Take him aside and let him know, he should be able to respect that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Isn't it taboo to date someone within the same company? Maybe thats why he has a problem with it, IDK.

LOswald0314
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I thought you were married to a service member before you joined? Maybe I am thinking of someone else. If you aren't making your relationship an issue at work then I don't understand why anyone else should. I'd be frustrated by that too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Anytime you date a coworker, military or not, people will talk. If it really makes you uncomfortable, talk to him about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintage-misha
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:18 AM

You're not required to talk to him. Just say you're not going to comment on your personal life. 

SusanD
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Is your partner of the same rank as you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Technically, yes. But a lot of commands will look the other way if its not interfering with either of your work. Dh and I were in the same company dating, even while deployed.

But, your both in the same company under your first sergeant. He may just want to make sure everything is okay, because a break up on a company level would not be okay. It's its really bothering you, just tell him, top I don't feel comfortable talking about my private life.

Quoting beerebelly:

Isn't it taboo to date someone within the same company? Maybe thats why he has a problem with it, IDK.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I agree with SierraLynn.

Quoting SierraLynn:

Technically, yes. But a lot of commands will look the other way if its not interfering with either of your work. Dh and I were in the same company dating, even while deployed.

But, your both in the same company under your first sergeant. He may just want to make sure everything is okay, because a break up on a company level would not be okay. It's its really bothering you, just tell him, top I don't feel comfortable talking about my private life.

Quoting beerebelly:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:07 AM

If you were discrete he wouldn't know about your business...

vintage-misha
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:24 AM

lol Truth.

Quoting jas_momof2:

If you were discrete he wouldn't know about your business...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN