Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Not really sure what to think...

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM
  • 21 Replies
My oldest son Is from a previous relationship. His dad hasn't seen or talked to him in 3 years. I rarely get cs, because he hops job to job and never tells the DA where he is employed. His dad (ds grandpa) is in very ill health. He has rapidly progressing Alzheimer's, and cerebral palsey. He is in and out of the hospital, and is a war vet. He randomly texted me today, tellin me that he wants to have ds be his sole beneficiary for his inheritance. This floored me. He and his mom (ds great grandma) send ds Xmas an birthday cards, but never ask to see him (we live 6 hours from them) I'm grateful he is willing to do this for ds, but it kind of caught me off guard. I don't really know what to think about it. Anyways, this is more of a vent than anything...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
betsyfaith
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Sorry about the situation :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:44 AM
I would make the effort to let your ds see them. Sounds like they care a lot about him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like they really care about him.

vintage-misha
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Quoting adrianna1043:

I would make the effort to let your ds see them. Sounds like they care a lot about him.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Soniam301
by Sonia on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Quoting adrianna1043:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM

This! Even if his bio dad isn't in the picture why can't the other family memebers?

Quoting adrianna1043:

blondie.mom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM
They do care, but they never ask to see ds, or call. So I'm not sure how to go about letting them see him.

Quoting adrianna1043:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with them seeing him, they have our address and numbers. But they don't ask to see him, or call (except these texts yesterday)

Quoting barrelracer1699:

This! Even if his bio dad isn't in the picture why can't the other family memebers?

Quoting adrianna1043:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting vintage-misha:

Quoting adrianna1043:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Quoting adrianna1043:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN