Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any scuba divers here?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:24 AM
  • 8 Replies

We are in Okinawa, Japan right now, and the waters/ sea life are amazing. My husband and I were wondering what parts in the US besides (california) were good for diving or the best from your experience? We definitely want to get stationed by the water when we get home but not sure where! Feel like we are a little spoiled here, but if we can go regularly when we get back, that is all that matters! :)

THANK YOU!

USMC Family living it up in Okinawa, Japan!                                              

(Swimming with sea turtles in the East China Sea?... I think so.)

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom2jessnky
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I know several people that dive here (SC) we're next to the ocean and Florida isn't too far of a drive.

sodsoldierwife
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Hawaii

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Never been but I think it would be fun, as long as no sharks.

baquick
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Hawaii and Florida from what I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
InMediasRes
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Hawaii, Florida, Guam.....maybe Texas if you don't mind driving a bit to get to the Gulf of Mexico.

megsfirstbaby
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Thank you!! Didn't even think about Guam. (or Hawaii I have no idea why I wouldn't have. Spacing out. apparently.)

vanessa5470
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM
:: GASP::..... I dove...before I got married and had children -_-. Lol.

I'm from Miami and looooooooooooove the reefs around Key Biscayne, Key Largo, etc. You are definitelt spoiled, being in Japan :p We now live in N.Florida and our base, Eglin AFB, as a divers club. I've been dying to start again but priorities have drastically change :/
betsyfaith
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM

We haven't gone diving, but people do it all the time here in Hawaii.  I would assume that anywhere with a coast could potentially be divable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)