• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this REALLY the way they do things now?? (base clinic)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  • 44 Replies

You call for an appointment and instead of getting an appointment, a nurse will call you back within 72 hours and schedule you one based if they think you need one or not.

SERIOUSLY????

This base sucks major butt....

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
afwifey4510
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Yep, how my husband had to do it. Mind you he was up puking, running a high fever...turns out the multiple allergy meds they prescribed him were interacting and caused it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sodsoldierwife
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM
But a nurse cannot diagnose! So unless s/he had some magic eightball, I don't see how a nurse can determine whether you need an appointment or not. Just my opinion though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Kara on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM
WTF? I have never heard if that before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ASigler86
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Welcome to the shttastic---i mean---- wonderful world of T-Cons. We have to do everything via T-Con since the base is so over loaded. People are actually getting sent to neighboring bases to random appts now, too. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:30 PM

We've been overseas for the past 8 years...  I called, I got...  Apparently things have changed a lot while we were gone.  We were at this base before we left and it was never like this. 

This is bs...  to the max!

Quoting ASigler86:

Welcome to the shttastic---i mean---- wonderful world of T-Cons. We have to do everything via T-Con since the base is so over loaded. People are actually getting sent to neighboring bases to random appts now, too. :-/

hope4emma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:34 PM

We were actually given the opportunity to switch off base since the med group was so over loaded.  You can bet we were one of the first ones to jump on that!!!  It's been wonderful!!!!

ASigler86
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Yea it's out of control. We actually even have to call a number to see if we can be seen at the "emergent care" here on base or if we have to drive to a local hospital. Obviously of you're dying or something they will send an ambulance, but short of that; you're SOL.

Quoting jas_momof2:

We've been overseas for the past 8 years...  I called, I got...  Apparently things have changed a lot while we were gone.  We were at this base before we left and it was never like this. 

This is bs...  to the max!

Quoting ASigler86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM

WHAT is the point of having appointment line clerks???  SAVE some money - fire them...  It's not like they do anything other than tell you a nurse will call within 72 hours...  WTF do I need them to tell me that for?

CountryStrong84
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Yep. That's how it is here. It fucking sucks ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ankles
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Reason 257 why we switched to standard. We're PSCing to a small post that has no hospital so we can go back to prime without having to go on post!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)