Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Dislike the Army?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM
  • 27 Replies
Are there any wives who hate the Army but your DH is in a long term contract and you don't want to separate/divorce? Any good ways of coping with the Army?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SandraJo
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM
What is it specifically that you don't like about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Just to deal with it, is my only advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsyfaith
by Betsy :) on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:07 PM
3 moms liked this

for us, the army isn't part of our daily life.  We both work, and we treat it as such.  Yes, we move, and yes things come up, but for the Army is DH's work, and we try not to overlap too much.  We have a lot of friends who aren't Army, which also helps draw the lines of work and home.

lovebugs0710
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM
What specifically do you hate?
I don't hate it, but I don't love it. We have to move, we have to go through deployments, but it's just a job. If you love your DH you just have to suck it up and get over it. This lifestyle isn't for everyone, and if your hatred for the Army is stronger than your love for your DH, then maybe you don't belong with your DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
There are some days I am angry and frustrated with certain aspects of the army but I don't hate it. Overall, this life has been very good to us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
The Army is my dh's job, not his only defining factor and not my identity. We deal with it and for the most part, we like it. It has given us a lot of oppurtunities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM

You deal with it and make the most of it. If you go in with a disliking and thinking negative of it you are going to dislike it.

MegG25
by Meagan on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I agree with this.  And to add I think it's more of a perspective you need to change.  You can't change the contract or the army itself so think of the good things and make the best of it.  That's the only thing that will get you through and in all reality it's not bad.

Quoting cocoroo:

The Army is my dh's job, not his only defining factor and not my identity. We deal with it and for the most part, we like it. It has given us a lot of oppurtunities.

LOswald0314
by Lindsey on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:00 PM
I don't hate it, it's a steady job. I don't always love it though. It's just life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Believe86
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM
I totally agree. The army is my hubby's job,not his life or identity.I am in school,on a path to my own career.We are getting out in 2.5 years and are looking forward to it.

Quoting cocoroo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)