Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you do something for a stranger - such as holding the door for her - do you expect a "thank you"?

Are you irritated if you don't get one?
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
Jonasmom
by Christina on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM
It would be nice, but I don't expect it. I do get irritated sometimes though. For example, when DD was a newborn, I went clothes shopping (at Kohls) with DD and DS, so I had a car seat and a 2 year old. All the carts with the special infant carrier part were taken. So I had to luge the car seat around while trying to wrangle a 2 year old. There were people that I saw with the cart that I needed and them not using the infant part, just the regular cart part. I finally left because it was just too frustrating.
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't expect one but appreciative when I get one. 

Apollos82
by Cassie on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:35 PM

...that's why!

momofkamnlela
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Nah not really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilysmommy1120
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I do not get irrate but I always thank someone if they hold the door for me...so i think people should say thank you..

wjpassanante
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:02 AM
I would expect a thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsyfaith
by Betsy :) on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Out and out rudeness is diff than a thanks for say opening a door for someone. Out and out rudeness I cant stand, someone not thanking my door holding skills dont bother me so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sierracafe23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Havent really thought about it before... but I suppose as long as they recognize help then thats always good. If they didnt even look at me and walked right past without saying anything... I may think they lack a little manners.

ChrystalGreene
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM

same -

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I expect at least a smile or a nod!  

dmfab09
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I don't expect anything from anyone these days. Especially after reading a few of the things that have happened to you ladies. I certainly say thank you and smile if it's done for me. Some people just weren't raised that way, but I would think as an adult you would learn at some point.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)