Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Moving to South Carolina ???

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:20 AM
  • 11 Replies

We are Air Force but just got orders to McEntire National Guard Base, South Carolina !!!

Any one at this Base or near it ????

I've never been near Carolina and don't know what to expect !   Any advice or a heads up will help, like on Base or off Base things ?

Thank You !!!

air force

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OWings5
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in Beaufort. If you need ANYTHING let me know. I'm marine so I can't tell ya much else other than I'm here for whatever you need!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure where that is... I'm in SC though.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know where it is. I know the Charleston area pretty well. 

twogirl91
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not at that base, we are in Goose Creek(really close to Charleston) at the Naval Weapens Station, but we LOVE SC! 

ChrystalGreene
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Thank You !!!

The Base is supper small and 15 miles out from Columbia, next to Fort Jackson if heading to Eastover & Sumter !

I Googled a lot about South Carolina and it looks nice, lots of flowers, wild live & dangerous ones too !  The food looks great !!! I miss American food so much !!!!!!   We are thinking of buying a House ?  Do you know of some good locations or BAD ones to look out for ??  What the people are like and if there's crime ?

mad051102
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you will be close to the Shaw AFB! We just got orders to Shaw yesterday!!  We are coming from Las Vegas! I plan to move with the kids middle of august. I have to middle schoolers and a 4 year old.  When are you moving? 

ChrystalGreene
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

We are moving at the end of October from England !  I was born and raised in Las Vegas and met my husband there !!!   I miss it some times.

Quoting mad051102:

Sounds like you will be close to the Shaw AFB! We just got orders to Shaw yesterday!!  We are coming from Las Vegas! I plan to move with the kids middle of august. I have to middle schoolers and a 4 year old.  When are you moving? 

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on May. 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

We live in Charleston and have been here for many, many years. Columbia is a great place. We have friends in Blythewood which is just outside of Ft. Jackson. It's a nice area, lots of new shopping.  Ft. Jackson has a terrific water park! We love going up there for the day.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Never been to the area but looks like you have a few here in the area! Gl

natalias925
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I just got back from there a couple weeks ago, we went for a Army graduation.

I went near Columbia and it was VERY nice!  There seemed to be alot of culture, tree's and shopping. 

It seemed to be very family friendly, my husband and I noted that we may put it on our base prefrence list for this fall.

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)