Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

missing girl fort gordon *edited*

Posted by   + Show Post

ALL CALL Ft. Gordon!! BOLO 7yr old Hannah Sackman has been missing on post for the last few hours. She is 7, has blond hair, was wearing all pink and no shoes. She was last seen in Lakeview, last seen on Cypress Circle. If you see her call the PMO immediately as this child is believed to have special needs. Approach gently as she may be extremely fearful due to autism.This is the only pic available right now.

story released 35 min ago

DEVELOPING: Dive Teams Search For Missing 7-year-old Fort Gordon Girl

» 12 Comments | Post a Comment

The Augusta Richmond Dive squad is still searching for a missing 7-year-old girl at Fort Gordon. The dive team is looking for the Hannah Ross, who investigators say went missing near her home, Saturday evening.

The Ross family moved into Fort Gordon from California just last week.

A PIO for Fort Gordon says Ross has no shoes on, and was last seen wearing a purple shirt and white shorts.

Investigators at Fort Gordon police, the Columbia County Sheriff's office, the Richmond County Sheriff's office, as well as hundreds of volunteers spent Saturday night looking for a missing 7-year-old girl.

K-9 units also assisted with the search.

Investigators are looking for 7-year-old Hannah Ross, behind the Lakeview housing area on Fort Gordon.

Several hundred volunteers, mostly soldiers, combed the area and searched into the night.

A helicopter crew also assisted with search efforts.

Ross suffers from autism and was last seen behind her home on Fort Gordon at approximately 6:45 p.m. Saturday evening and is believed to have wondered off.

Ross also likes to go to the water when she is upset, and may have wandered off.

Hannah is 4 foot 8 inches tall, 80 pounds.

Anyone with any information on Hannah's whereabouts, please contact Fort Gordon authorities at 706-791-9747.

WJBF News Channel 6 will have much more on this story tonight at 6, 10 (CW) and 11.

***UPDATE SUNDAY, APRIL 29TH, 4:55 P.M.**

We have a tragic update to bring you on the story of the missing 7 year old at Fort Gordon. Dive teams discovered the girl's body around 3:15 Sunday afternoon at the lake behind the girl's home. We will have more on this story tonight on WJBF News Channel 6 at 6.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Replies (31-40):
mama2alex04
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

My prayers are with her family :(

momofkamnlela
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I couldn't imagine what her family is going through. Breaks my heart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
besosfantasies
by Cori on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM

:(

arc13
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM

God bless that little one and her family. This is heartbreaking.

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:49 PM
:( that's so heartbreaking. I will pray for that family to find peace, I can't imagine what they're going through.
Lilysmommy1120
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM

That is so heart breaking ... That poor family.

blondie.mom
by Charity on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:09 PM
So devistating. Our hearts and best wishes go out to this family and community during this tragedy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rockrebel16
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:44 AM

The body of a 7-year-old girl was found at the bottom of a Fort Gordon lake Sunday afternoon after a search involving more than a hundred volunteers and multiple rescue agencies.Hannah Ross, whom family members said was autistic, had left her house upset about 6:40 p.m. Saturday. Buz Yarnell, a Fort Gordon public affairs spokesman, said when Ross was distressed, she had to touch water, which they believe led to her death.

The child and her family were new to the post, Yarnell said, having been at Fort Gordon about a week. He could not identify the child’s parents, but said they had come from California.

Ross had left her house without shoes Saturday, leading authorities to assume she had not gone far. When they had searched for almost an hour without finding her, Fort Gordon asked others for help.

Richmond and Columbia county sheriff’s K9 units and deputies searched the woods all night, Yarnell said. The Georgia State Patrol brought in a helicopter that did frequent fly-overs.

She was recovered by a dive team about 3:15 p.m. at the bottom of Soil Erosion Lake behind her home on Cypress Circle on base, he said.

Some Fort Gordon residents will be keeping their porch lights on tonight in her memory. The effort is called “Porch Lights for Hannah,” according to the Fort Gordon Spouse’s Facebook page. A vigil is also being planned for later this week.

Just wanted to give everyone a update. Prays with the family. We all hoped for a different ending.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

This is so sad. :'( I'm still holding onto hope for Isabel Celis, a missing 7 year old in my area (Tucson). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)