Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

With your spouses gone how long does it take for you to get use to sleeping alone?
I'm feeling way too sleep deprived. Ugh.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Replies (21-29):
sailorsgal09
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Quoting pittawadda:

The first few weeks. Buy it isn't the sleeping alone, its the dreading waking up alone.

you just spoke the truth! thats my hardest part of the day is the waking up and realizing youre still alone

What God has put together, let no man break apart

Proud to be Queen to my King

sailorsgal09
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM

i kept the last thing he wore to bed which was a black and a grey beater and i drape it over his pillow and surround myself in pillows and make sure the fan is on medium and sheets are cold and i know out around 3 and am back up around 6ish

Bird16_J
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I usually get a sleep pattern within a week of him leaving. Shoot it takes me longer to get a sleep pattern going when I have a new baby (like now lol) than when he deploys. I guess when he deploys I just put everything like that on the back burner and go about my day and try not to dwell on him being gone.

wjpassanante
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM
It usually just takes me a few days to adjust to him being gone. My 8 month old is what keeps me up at night!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on May. 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM
I sleep fine no matter what! Lol bad wife
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I wanna say when he deployed it was about 2 months. He is working tonight and it is 12:16 and I am still up! Will probly be up for a bit longer! Then I will sleep on the couch till he gets home!

MegG25
by Meagan on May. 1, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Lol same here.  

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

I'm the odd one out here  but I sleep great when DH is gone... the whole bed to myself and no elbow in my head or leg flopped over me pinning me to the bed, and NO SNORING. It's wonderful

HistoryNutty
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:02 AM
It's tough for me to get to sleep, tougher than normal. Though, he's never been gone more than three months at a time so far. Not looking forward to a deployment, but with his new MOS, it's inevitable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
penneylane
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:14 AM

this. and i dont have the alarm going off every 9 minutes from whenever he wants to get up to when he actually gets up...usually 2-3 hours.

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

I'm the odd one out here  but I sleep great when DH is gone... the whole bed to myself and no elbow in my head or leg flopped over me pinning me to the bed, and NO SNORING. It's wonderful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)