Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Need gift ideas for friend whos husband just left.

Posted by   + Show Post
My friends husband left to Afghanistan a few weeks back. On top of the obvious struggles, things have been falling apart since the day he left. Its been one thing after another. I want to do something nice for her. I was hoping you guys could help give me ideas. Im a navy wife and have inly been through ship deployments where we can use email on a regular basis. Maybe theres something out there that i domt know about to make this easier for her? Any suggestions are appreciated. Shes really a great person and deserves to have a smile on her face. Im really crafty, too, so if you have ideas on things i can make im all ears.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Replies (11-11):
Juliatrick2011
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

You could make homemade bath salts and candles.  This is something you could do on your own or together (or with the kids - I used to work at a preschool, and we had the kids make homemade bath salts for Mother's day).  My friends and I used to have spa nights where we would put in a girly movie, drink wine, soak our feet and paint our nails.  Totally girly and obnoxious, but absolutely goofy and fun.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN