Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Enlisted Mom-to-be

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 8 Replies

Sound i just found out at 9 weeks that i was pregnante, which means getting pregnant only weeks after a miscarriage (accident) but i am happy. However since i am enlisted. Does anyone else get treated like a criminal by the military for being unwed and pregnant? Just trying to get some feed back from others.

Thanks,

Jenn

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
afwifey4510
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Not military, but the single moms don't get crap. The only one that did was a girl in dh's squadron that conviently got pregnant right before 3 deployments in a row( they go every 6 mos). This last time they got an assignment they told her this time if she gets preggers that she'd be looking at other than honorable discharge. If you're being treated unfairly go speak with the ig after you run up the coc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nay1983
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I have not seen any body being treated "like a criminal" but if you have any problems take it up your chain.

Jenn_14
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM

That is the thing, I did my deployments and all that jazz, i was actually working on my checking out. But it is clear up my chain treating me like a leper. Unfortunately my Equal Opportunity rep is in my chain and he is a bit of a dick. Honestly i could care less, it would just make my time easier. PLUS of course since my private life is private, they assume since they never met my boyfriend it is OBVIOUSLY one of the guys in my shop.

ang84
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Active Duty Navy here I just had my daughter in Feb and I wasn't treated like a criminal.

RaeAnne.USAF
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Im sorry they're treating you that way but I've seen it. And not just with single moms but any mom that's is ad. Are you getting out or staying in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Eh, yeah I got treated differntly and what seemed like not fairly when I got pregnant with my first, I was in the army. The father and I got married (happily, just about 6 months sooner than what we had talked about.) I was in a pretty unique situation and got a lot of hate from it.
I didn't let it show that the rumors got to me, even though they did. I did my job and that was that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifey4510
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Dh said you should record all incidents and just keep going up the chain, sooner or later someone's gonna give a shit. Just make sure you document incidences or comments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VertaBaybee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I would let it be known that it's no one you work with AT LEAST.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)