Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Yongsan-gu, Seoul South Korea

Posted by   + Show Post
So my fiance is currently in South Carolina finishing up his AIT, and we just found out that when he's done with AIT we're going to be stationed in Yongsan South Korea. I don't know how to take it or what to feel cause I have been living in Arkansas my WHOLE life and I've never been so far away from my dad, cause I have ALWAYS been a daddy's girl. On top of that.... have two kids, a 9 month and a 2 year old daughter, which means that they also have to adapt to a whole new environment and people and not to mention leave the family that they've known since their births. I think getting out and seeing the world would be a great experience for both the girls and myself, but at the same time I just don't know.
Has anyone ever been stationed in Yongsan.?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (111-112):
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on May. 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Plus her shoes probably aren't my style.

Quoting cocoroo:

Teenagers, I'm telling you.  They must be.

Quoting DizneyMomma2001:

Remember, we have never been in her shoes.  We don't know what it's like to be her or what her situation is.  We have never even seen a situation like hers.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

I also love how she never responds to the actual suggestions or advice, just bashes.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.  Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you
are inevitably ruined - Patrick Henry

lilnena98
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Quoting DizneyMomma2001:

You came to us for advice.  Frankly, there are few of us who have been to Korea and that's because it's DIFFICULT to get accompanied orders to move there with your soilder.  

We by the way are trying to make sure you have your T's crossed and your I's dotted which is something the Army (or ANY other branch of service) would have you do.  Those of us who have moved to ANY overseas duty station and have children from a prior relationship have had to have WRITTEN LEGAL CONSENT from the other parent (not the service member your getting hitched to).  There are physicals, shots in some cases, EFMP screenings and a LOAD of red tape.  Why should we Rupologize for being honest in our attempts to help you?  Before you begin to look forward to moving to another country you first must know IF the Army is going to LET you!  

Call us names if you like, get all snarky with us and say you could care less what we tell you.  WE however have been there MULTIPLE times.  We are seasoned where you are so green it's not even funny.  

Also, sending a PM to a member of this board means either one of two things:

1. She REALLY got under your skin and ticked you off.

2. You secretly want to be her BFF.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)