Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

POA and ID

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM
  • 18 Replies
I need to get a new id card. My general poa is expired but my special is still valid. Can I take the special in and just renew it myself or does dh need to come with me? I don't want him to have to leave work for this if I can do it myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Specials are specific...what's it for?

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Nevermind. I just re read the special and it's just for housing. Well shoot... That means he has to leave work. I guess well have to get a valid poa while were there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DizneyMomma2001
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Jen, sometimes they require you to have an appointment.  I don't remember what the walk in hours are for Drum but I know they have them.

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Nevermind. I just re read the special and it's just for housing. Well shoot... That means he has to leave work. I guess well have to get a valid poa while were there.

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I'll be talking to dh about it tonight because it has to get done this week. I can't believe I spaced this!
(how are you liking Lewis btw?!)

Quoting DizneyMomma2001:

Jen, sometimes they require you to have an appointment.  I don't remember what the walk in hours are for Drum but I know they have them.

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DizneyMomma2001
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Well, I will be liking it more when we get DH's truck this weekend lol.  Then I can get out more.  For now it's only on the weekends.  We got a year long pass to Rainier and to Point Defiance Zoo as well as NW Trek.  Will be more then happy to take you and your kiddo's there when you get here :D

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Yeah, I'll be talking to dh about it tonight because it has to get done this week. I can't believe I spaced this!

Quoting DizneyMomma2001:

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM
You will have to show me around when I get there! It's been way too long since I've been home! Just a few more months... Glad you're getting the second car soon! That will make a big difference for you.

Quoting DizneyMomma2001:

Well, I will be liking it more when we get DH's truck this weekend lol.  Then I can get out more.  For now it's only on the weekends.  We got a year long pass to Rainier and to Point Defiance Zoo as well as NW Trek.  Will be more then happy to take you and your kiddo's there when you get here :D

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Quoting DizneyMomma2001:

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DizneyMomma2001
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:28 PM

No problemo!  Cell number hasn't changed lol

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

You will have to show me around when I get there! It's been way too long since I've been home! Just a few more months... Glad you're getting the second car soon! That will make a big difference for you.

Quoting DizneyMomma2001:

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Quoting DizneyMomma2001:

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I seen your subject and had to ask if my hubby had asked about getting mine! I need it in about a month! With his company I most likely wont make it in till the day it expires!

ccmvm
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:51 PM
You would need more than just a POA anyway, some paperwork signed by him etc. I had to get mine renewed while he was gone and he had to fax me stuff I needed to take in with me. If your DH is there it would probably be easier for him to go with you to be honest.
Momof2Stepof3
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I never needed my husband with me to renew or replace ID's all I needed with my POA and SS card and I was good to go. What other paper work do they require now because my wallet was stolen and were making a trip to base end of next week to replace my ID.

Quoting ccmvm:

You would need more than just a POA anyway, some paperwork signed by him etc. I had to get mine renewed while he was gone and he had to fax me stuff I needed to take in with me. If your DH is there it would probably be easier for him to go with you to be honest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN