Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

collections call for my Sister-in-law, who also lives 1200 miles away...I'm going to go apeshit! 

This is just CRAZY! I don't know how many times I've told these people 1) I'm not her 2) she doesn't even live in this state and 3) I haven't talked to her in over a year and NO, I do not have any way to get her any messages. 

Give me a flipping break and quit blowing up my fracking phone!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (11-16):
wruss
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM

geez...they've been doing that for a while, haven't they? I remember you talking about it back like a year ago?

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I've told the collectors that Edith Seedly ( the old owner of my 'new' number) that they have the wrong number SOOOOOOO many times it makes my head hurt to try and count. I just give the phone to my son now and let him count for them in Korean. Or he sings "chickety china the chinese chicken" multiple times for them :) I use them for my own source entertainment now.

beerebelly
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Lordy I used to get those calls when my sister was irresponsible with money when she was younger. So glad she turned her financial situation around!

sodsoldierwife
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Yeah, there was one awhile ago...those stopped after awhile, that one we found out was for a credit account or something. This just started again like a week ago, not sure if it's the same company or if it's been given to another company by now because the previous one could never get in contact with them. I ended up giving the last company the phone number I had, but I know now that it is no longer in service...It's getting rather old and annoying!! 

Quoting wruss:

geez...they've been doing that for a while, haven't they? I remember you talking about it back like a year ago?

wruss
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Caleb geys random credit collector's calling for brandon johnson....sooo annoying when he was deployed....

Quoting sodsoldierwife:

Yeah, there was one awhile ago...those stopped after awhile, that one we found out was for a credit account or something. This just started again like a week ago, not sure if it's the same company or if it's been given to another company by now because the previous one could never get in contact with them. I ended up giving the last company the phone number I had, but I know now that it is no longer in service...It's getting rather old and annoying!! 

Quoting wruss:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
InMediasRes
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:47 PM

This.

What they are doing is illegal, and you can sue them for harassment. Take careful notes of date/time they call, name of the company, who you spoke to....and if they don't stop, pursue legal action against them.

Quoting RoseDaughter:

what chrlstoncharmed said, ask for their information, name of the person who your talking with and send them a letter, registered mail, asking them to stop calling you.  This is one of them many reasons we don't have a land line phone.  And definately see if you can block their phone number.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN