Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Need Advice!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM
  • 10 Replies

My husband has just rejoined the army and Is leaving for training...We have 4 young kids now and Im looking for good ideas or crafts to do with them to kinda have a count down till daddy gets home and we get to move to our new duty station..He leaves in just a few weeks so the sooner we get ideas the better..thanks you in advance

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM

pintrest.

Mommy3478
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I have tried pintrest and ask for an invite a few weeks ago and still have not gotten one from them.

anglgrl03
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Private message me your email address and I'll send you an invite
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM
bump

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Whatever you do, no NOT make one of those paper chains...  lol - my boys and I put one together - one link for every day of the deployment.  That sucker was strung around the living room several times.  The idea was you remove a link every day and watch the chain get smaller.

ugg...

It was nothing more than a constant reminder of how long we still had to go...  It sucked and the boys hated it...

gatorswife1401
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM

What my kids did when my Dh left was got a special calendar and the date he was due home was circled and every morning when they woke up they would cross a day off. My kids loved that

betsyfaith
by Betsy :) on May. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM

how long will he be gone?  maybe instead of one specific craft, you could do "a craft a day" where every day you do a diff craft or slight variation on a craft

LOswald0314
by Lindsey on May. 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not really a craft but you can make a kiss jar. Put Hershey's kisses in a jar and each kid gets one everyday and when the jar is empty daddy comes home. Or have the kids make cards to send him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy3478
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:13 PM

He will only be gone 5 months but 3 of our children have never been away from him my oldest is 7 now and was there for his first deployment but the others came after he got out of the army and now is going back in..

CWgirl
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I have 4 young ones also. I agree with the pp about not doing the paper chains. We did one while hubby was in basic and my oldest would tear down extra links thinking it would make us see him sooner. I like the hershey kiss idea. But, I also love chocolate so the count would probably be way off.  Personally  I will not start a countdown activity until a week or two prior to the homecoming.  Until then I just keep myself and the kids busy as can be.  When hubby is away, I do alot of walks to the park and play dates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)