Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Gah..

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 10 Replies
DH is gone from 3 today till 7ish tomorrow morning, i decided to tackle carpet shampooing while he was gone. Not a good idea, my house is tore up, couches in the kitchen and all. My motivation is gone, with only a third of it done. And I'm bored as crap right now, and I am screwing myself by letting the kiddo take a nap at 6 at night--I just can't deal with her right now, she's been on my nerves all day.

AND I'm on pins and needles waiting on orders to drop. Hopefully dh's name's on the list so we can get the hell out of here!

Vent Over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SierraLynn
by Just Me on May. 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Oh good lord. I would not do all that by myself! Lol unless I was super motivated and I started early in the morning, lord knows it would take me all damn day.

Hope you guys get orders soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Hope things get going better for you soon!

afwifey4510
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Thanks. I bit off more than I can chew this time. I can for sure say I will not be shampooing the carpets again untill we move out. Sometimes ideas are better staying in your head than acting on them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Quoting SierraLynn:

Oh good lord. I would not do all that by myself! Lol unless I was super motivated and I started early in the morning, lord knows it would take me all damn day.

Hope you guys get orders soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by Charity on May. 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Oh my! I did te carpets by myself ONCE. Never. Again.
Dh was on duty for a 3 day weekend, so I figured I could get it done. Oh lord, between my 2 boys (5yo & 6mo at the time) and moving all the furniture I was burnt out halfway throug. Lol I remember I didn't put the furniture back until the next day! Good luck, fingers crosse for you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandraJo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Strangely, I love shampooing my carpets. I get satisfaction seeing it go from ugh, to Fabulous! I used to do my friends carpets when she had company from out of town come over.

Quoting afwifey4510:

Thanks. I bit off more than I can chew this time. I can for sure say I will not be shampooing the carpets again untill we move out. Sometimes ideas are better staying in your head than acting on them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifey4510
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM
I love the end result too. Just this time I a.) Started late, and b.) The shampooer that i was using quit sucking up water so i had to use my hand held one. It's sadly for "spot" cleaning, so it took forever! And our dining room table is like a million pounds

Quoting SandraJo:

Strangely, I love shampooing my carpets. I get satisfaction seeing it go from ugh, to Fabulous! I used to do my friends carpets when she had company from out of town come over.

Quoting afwifey4510:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gatorswife1401
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Oh man reading this has me looking at my carpets and now I think I need to do mine.

SandraJo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Buck. What kind of shampooer is it? It just might not have a correct seal.

Quoting afwifey4510:

I love the end result too. Just this time I a.) Started late, and b.) The shampooer that i was using quit sucking up water so i had to use my hand held one. It's sadly for "spot" cleaning, so it took forever! And our dining room table is like a million pounds

Quoting SandraJo:

Quoting afwifey4510:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifey4510
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Its a hoover. Its old so I'm thinking it's time to buy a new one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)