Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having Baby in a Military Hospital vs. Civilian Hospital?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 68 Replies

Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if any of you have experienced having a baby in both a military hospital and civilian hospital...or even if you have had your baby in a military hospital if you can share your experience.  I had my daughter in a civilian hospital and it was a good experience but this time I will have this baby at Camp Lester (Navy Hospital).  Ive heard both good and bad from just a few people around here but I dont know too many people yet since we just arrived in Okinawa in February.

Thank you all :)

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusanD
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Every hospital and EVERY birthing experience is different. You could give birth twice in the same hospital and have drastically different experiences, or have just as great of an experience at two different hospitals.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on May. 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Yup. I had my daughter at a mtf in Alaska. This baby will be born in a civilian one since I switched to tricare standard. So we shall see. ;)

Quoting SusanD:

Every hospital and EVERY birthing experience is different. You could give birth twice in the same hospital and have drastically different experiences, or have just as great of an experience at two different hospitals.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nay1983
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM

yeah this is true.  Good point :)

Quoting SusanD:

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 2, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my son in Omaha and my daughter in Fort Leonard Wood. There wasn't any difference between the two in my mind other than not having a bill with my daughter!
Baby.on.board
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM

My mom had my brother at a military hospital and me at a civilian one. She loved her experience in hte military one. She was treated better and then cater to your every need. 

kierrasmommi
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Well I had my daughter at an Air Force hospital. I absoultey loved it! I felt like they gave me an overall better care than a civilian maternity ward would. I would def use a military hospital again! 

TippyD
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM

i think since you are overseas you dont really have a choice.. from what I understand:)

betsyfaith
by Betsy :) on May. 2, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I've done one of each and both had equally positive and negative things I could say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I've had one in each and there is no difference.  One was even overseas...

navywife2chief
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

You are in Japan and the hosptials are different than American hospital. If you would like pain medicine I recommend using the Naval Hospital.  I haven't heard of many military spouses unless you are Japanese use the Japanese hospitals. A few have but don't know their reasons but they did things very differenlty than in the states and one is no pain meds for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)