Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crying it out

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM
  • 22 Replies
Any other magic tricks to break child from milk at bed, other than crying it out?
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofkamnlela
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
We are currently crying it out and I'm either going to drink a bottle of wine or give in to her.
BompsMum
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM

i have heard of this (i havent tried it myself) slowly watering it down each time so that it is less tasty.

nylees-mom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM
We tries that with my son it didn't help. But he is slowly growing out if it!! He now only wakes once for his bottle he will be 1 in juky

Quoting BompsMum:

i have heard of this (i havent tried it myself) slowly watering it down each time so that it is less tasty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nylees-mom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM
July**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BompsMum
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM

yeah, i have no magic mommy tricks, my son pretty much stopped waking for bottles at four months old. he would still wake up but i just had to put a paci in his mouth and re-cover him and he would go to sleep again.

now that he is cutting teeth he wakes up a ton, but he still doesnt get a bottle. i take no claim of achievement because i literally followed his lead.

good luck to you op, i feel for ya

SierraLynn
by Just Me on May. 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I'm no help. My daughter has always been very easy going about change...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM

keep with it momma..... make it a bottle of wine  every two days  by day 4 or 5  hopefully it will work

momofkamnlela
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM
She went to sippy cup fine from bottle, milk to water at bed time.... not so much.
Shockerchik
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I say when they don't need it anymore they will stop on their own.....most children only eat when they are hungry!

momofkamnlela
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:07 PM
That's why I worry more, just afraid she won't get all the calories she needs without it. Went to dentist with older kid and they kept stressing it for the baby. I know we should have been working on it, her screaming is just awful :( she quit crying tho and finally fell asleep.
Quoting Shockerchik:

I say when they don't need it anymore they will stop on their own.....most children only eat when they are hungry!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)