Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Can I visit him prior to deployment? Need advice.

Posted by   + Show Post

Daughter in law told my husband and I that no family members can visit with in 2 weeks of deployment. That just seemed strange to us. I payed for their move to Kansas but have never been up there. She stayed with us for a month while he was in California and he came to visit for a week in early April. My husband and I were going to drive to Kansas to take him and his wife to lunch just prior to his deployment. That's only one day and we would return home. Just wanted to know if  visits by parents were not allowed. If so we will stay home

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Replies (31-37):
XJH143
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM

That isn't true at all. I dropped my husband off at the airport the day of his deployment. I would have stayed at the airport until he had to board his plane, but he didn't want me to come inside, because he didn't want to get overly emotional. Is there anyway you can talk to your son yourself, or is he in training right now?

mrschambers7508
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Agreed.

Quoting cocoroo:

I don't think she is telling you the truth and she just wants him to himself. I personally wouldn't want in-laws around right before my dh's deployments.

sheramom4
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:28 AM

We always had family visit during block leave (usually about a month before deployment) for as long as a week along with our mutual best friends (a married couple and his best friend since he was 12). It never bothered me. I just wanted the last 3 or 4 days to be just us and any time prior to that was fine. I never heard this rule and actually had my in-laws there when he returned as well with no problem. In fact, they watched the kids so we could have some "alone" time. I would talk to your son and see if there is a mutually agreeable time for everyone to get together....

momtimesx4
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Seems that someone wants someone else to stay away

Lilysmommy1120
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I have never heard of that.  We did not have my husband parents only because we sis not know when it was gonna happen and it ended up being cancelled...

lovebugs0710
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM
I have never heard of that and we've been through 2 deployments (one just last year).
Maybe she said that because she wants that time for just them, but didn't want to hurt your feelings so she made up a lie.

I didn't want anybody to visit us or to go see anyone for like a month before each deployment. I wanted that time for just us and no one else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joels-My-Love
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Agree

Quoting cocoroo:

I don't think she is telling you the truth and she just wants him to himself. I personally wouldn't want in-laws around right before my dh's deployments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN