Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Our renters: These are their demands lol *edit* added pic page 3 *update in blue*

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so our house that we own went up for rent 2 weeks ago bc we are pcsing. Fine. A couple came last night and loved the place. After they left the husband called my husband with a list of demands before they signed a lease.

1) change around ceiling fans in bedrooms to suit their kids

2) add an additional gate to our deck

3) install garage door opener

4) replace our woodchips around playhouse area with rubber chips

5) tear down a storage space in our garage

6) build a wall covering the AC unit in utility room

Correct me if I am wrong but if they wanted to do all this stuff to a house shouldn't they have thought about buying?

OK dh is calling our property manager today and telling her we will not be doing the things they requested. I mean seriously if our house isn't the house for you then keep looking! Thanks for all of you ladies input!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
Shockerchik
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM

The only demands that should ever be made by renters (my husband & I own several rental properties) is if something is majorly wrong or is not up to code by the city. Plumbing/electric, etc. If the person renting wants to paint then they can ask you and submit paint colors. Otherwise---NO don't give in :)

beerebelly
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM

This is the playset and woodchips that they want to replace

jeremy1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Bump...beware they sound crazy
nac723
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM

This is total crap. I don't think you should have to do any of it. When my husband and I signed our lease the only thing that we asked for was that we can paint and at the end of the lease we will paint it back to the neutral white that they had it painted as.

I suggest not renting to them. They seem like they are going to be a hassle renting to.

Dani_Lynn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Ridiculous!!

Quoting beerebelly:

We do not have a pool. The yard is already professionally fenced in. We have a huge deck. My dh put in a gate so I could keep the babies in when they were younger. Well, they don't like where we placed it so they want it in a different spot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani_Lynn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
That is.awesome!. they are crazy
!

Quoting beerebelly:

This is the playset and woodchips that they want to replace

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Tell them to find another house. They are nuts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Holy crap. Yeah, no I would not rent to these people. They should just buy their own house and make the adjustments.

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

Ridiculous!!

Quoting beerebelly:

We do not have a pool. The yard is already professionally fenced in. We have a huge deck. My dh put in a gate so I could keep the babies in when they were younger. Well, they don't like where we placed it so they want it in a different spot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenguyenclan
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:25 PM

yeah ...tell them to find another place...that playground looks cute!! :-)

NikkiDoll
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Are they confused? They do know they are renting and not buying? They sound like trouble, I would not rent to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN