Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Our renters: These are their demands lol *edit* added pic page 3 *update in blue*

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so our house that we own went up for rent 2 weeks ago bc we are pcsing. Fine. A couple came last night and loved the place. After they left the husband called my husband with a list of demands before they signed a lease.

1) change around ceiling fans in bedrooms to suit their kids

2) add an additional gate to our deck

3) install garage door opener

4) replace our woodchips around playhouse area with rubber chips

5) tear down a storage space in our garage

6) build a wall covering the AC unit in utility room

Correct me if I am wrong but if they wanted to do all this stuff to a house shouldn't they have thought about buying?

OK dh is calling our property manager today and telling her we will not be doing the things they requested. I mean seriously if our house isn't the house for you then keep looking! Thanks for all of you ladies input!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Replies (71-80):
beerebelly
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:27 AM

bump for update

Bird16_J
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Glad to see you won't be renting to them! They seem like they're more trouble than they're worth and they seem a bit crazy! lol I wouldn't rent to them either!

DawnPratt23
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:31 AM
My ex is a cop, and never beta assigned housing. Lol, never in 20 yrs. He does however get free rent to watch the area he's renting, but even that isn't the norm.

Quoting LuvAZmomma:

Sometimes they kind of do I don't know if they get free rent or what but the last 2 apartments I lived in had a city cop that lived in and was assigned to the complex. It must have been the best job every cuz they were almost always home but as far as the demands go I would tell them to bit me. Good luck with the crazies and I would bet u can find someone willing to rent without a list if demands

Quoting beerebelly:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Holy $h!t! No, these are not typical demands. The only demand they are entitled to make is that you provide a safe dwelling. Have you responded to them? 

We are negotiating. We said absolutely not to the rubber chips. If they want a garage door opener they will have to purchase and have it installed. I am fine with the ceiling fans. I totally understand a 9 year old girl does not want a baseball fan. And we will only do the other things if they agree to a 2 year lease. The wife went next door and asked the neighbor (he is a police officer) if the station made him live in this neighborhood due to crime?  WTF? Police officers don't get 'stationed' in certain neighboorhoods.  IDK I think this wife is crazy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintage-misha
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope you find new renters!!

DawnPratt23
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Glad you decided not to rent to them, it would've only gotten worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I would not rent to them. Whenever I interview potential renters, I always make sure they are not weirdos, lol. If I get a bad vibe from them, they don't get the property. If those people are acting like this now, it will only get worse with time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TippyD
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:44 AM

um.. yeah picky much? the only thing I would THINK about doing is maybe the rubber chips, but I hate the woodchips anyways.. smh.. 

Lilysmommy1120
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Wow that is crazy.

1boy1girlmama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Glad you called prop management. That is ridiculous. It's renting, you take it as it is.

beerebelly
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Quoting TippyD:

um.. yeah picky much? the only thing I would THINK about doing is maybe the rubber chips, but I hate the woodchips anyways.. smh.. 

but WE wouldn't be gaining anything out of the rubber chips, we are moving. So why should I spend tons of money on something just for their enjoyment?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN