Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 hours in

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM
  • 21 Replies
To my overnight hospital stay and I still haven't seen my nurse. O just want my meds so I can sleep. I'm also pretty sure they were supposed to get my second set of enzymes an. hour ago. Definitely not nurse of the year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM
What's going on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joshlor2
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM
I am so sorry. Ask for the head nurse! You have to be your own advocate.
After my hysterectomy I had the best nurse only to be replaced by the nasty night nurse. I couldn't move, had tubes and catheders coming out of every where. I was weak and drugged up (ended up needing a transfusion during surgery)
I couldn't get the woman to give me a bowl to puke in, nor Meds to stop the puking. I threw up in a foam cup, then on the floor, and dry heaved for a while before I started yelling for help. She had to clean that up and the next morning when I came to I immediately complained. The hospital wasn't busy the woman was just straight up lazy.

Please push that button and ask for your Meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani_Lynn
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Ruling out heart attack. I had some.chest pain through the lunch hour that started radiating. PA I work with is also my PCM and made me do an EKG...which was abnormal. So I got to ride in the ambulance to the ER. Now I'm on the telemetry floor with a stress test in the morning. Scary thing is even IV morphine isn't helping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani_Lynn
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM
That is.so wrong! I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience. I'm scheduled for my hysterectomy next month. They're using the DaVinci, so I will go home same day.

Quoting joshlor2:

I am so sorry. Ask for the head nurse! You have to be your own advocate.

After my hysterectomy I had the best nurse only to be replaced by the nasty night nurse. I couldn't move, had tubes and catheders coming out of every where. I was weak and drugged up (ended up needing a transfusion during surgery)

I couldn't get the woman to give me a bowl to puke in, nor Meds to stop the puking. I threw up in a foam cup, then on the floor, and dry heaved for a while before I started yelling for help. She had to clean that up and the next morning when I came to I immediately complained. The hospital wasn't busy the woman was just straight up lazy.

Please push that button and ask for your Meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katelynsmommy30
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Feel better! Hoping and praying for you that it's nothing serious! That is scary! Def write up a complaint on the nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I hope everything is okay!! Heart issues are so scary.

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 3, 2012 at 7:02 AM

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Dani_Lynn
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Thanks. Still having chest pain. Waiting to do stress test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 3, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Hope there is nothing majorly wrong with you! I would make sure to make a huge complaint about the nurse you had. That is completly uncalled for!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)