Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Do you get your panties in a twist? piog

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you get your panties in a twist if you see someone in another group degrade military wives or service members? Do you care? Do you defend yourself or your DH/SO or do you leave it alone? 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
KWnavywife
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I find most women who degrade military wives are just ignorant. They think we sit around all day eating bonbons, cheating on our husbands and rolling in money while we gossip the day away. I really don't care what people think about me as a military wife, I know the truth of it. With that said, you attack my husband, and I won't be so nice.
HistoryNutty
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM
It does always give me a good hoot. Now, if it's said to my face, then that's different.

Quoting Coastiesgirl:

I see it all the time. Does it piss me off? No. It makes me giggle at the stupidity of others. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by Ashley on May. 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I don't care. There are a lot of people with asinine opinions, and it isn't worth my energy.

outtamymynd
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I get a little irritated but I won't start a war, you won't change their mind so no use trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM

People argue and say stupid shit on-line; it's what they do.  Not worth my time or effort to address it.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 4, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Nope, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, some people are one.

SierraLynn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:19 AM
It bothers me, but no about of arguing from me can fix their opinion that they are allowed to have. I will fix false information though. People spreading false info just needs to be set straight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintage-misha
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I don't really venture too far from military groups, so the anti-military sentiment has never been in my face. I wouldn't go looking for confrontation in groups that I'm not a part of.

Follow Me on Pinterest

tazz67mom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I don't care about online stuff too much. It does however get to me when I hear people bash the military (in any way) in person. I run into that from time to time. I really don't see how a military wife in any diffrent from and non military wife. So I just ignore them on the wife topic. I do however stand up to them about the active duty members if I feel it is nessary. I try and remember they are entitled to their opinion, but hey so am I and if I have to hear theirs, they should hear mine.  

dmfab09
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM
What really ticks me off is when someone with no real knowledge about the military or particular branches has diarrhea of the mouth and tries to pass of their opinions, half truths, and made up nonsense as fact. I will speak up if I think it will make a difference. If I think it will be wasted on deaf ears, or if I can get major push back after trying to explain where they're misinformed and how I know, I let it go. I mainly say something if someone is looking for help and they've been totally led down the wrong road. I'm always polite about it. I never say they're wrong, I just explain this is how it works now, and maybe their way was once correct, but the military changes all the time.

With that said, I almost had to be held down on one of the first days of class this semester. A former Marine in the front row kept reiterating to our class that while in Iraq, the only responsibility of Army Infantrymen was to do his and other Marines' laundry. Sometimes stupidity hits too close to home and one will see red even though you know better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN