Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about efmp

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

i have a few questions and maybe some of you can help or have been thru this.

i dont know much about emfp. my husband is in the navy. i just found out recently that for the rest of my life i will have to recieve iv infusions (iron deficiency). i am currently on my 6th one, and after this i will get bloodwork at certain intervals to see how quickly my body is using up the iron (i may have to get infusions once a month, once every three months, or every six months etc).

when i was trying to set up the infusions schedule there was some debate on whether i could get it done at the va hospital (i am not a vet) or if i would have to go to a hospital about a half an hour away. thankfully they were able to do it here at the va (its just a few blocks down from where we live).

my question: should i look into the efmp to ensure we arent placed too far away from hospitals that can handle this? i know that it can limit where my husband will be stationed, and i dont want to 'affect' his career in a way that may be negative, but i also dont want to find out information too late.

thank you for any and all info. i plan on asking my doctor if this is even something i should be concerned with, or if its a simple thing. right now i am getting my infusions with chemo patients so i am assuming that most hopsitals will have an oncology floor that can do it. i have no clue though.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MegG25
by Meagan on May. 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure hon here's a bump!  

BompsMum
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM

thanks chickie! so far i have heard so much about how it affects the career that i dont want to do it unless its considered necessary. i am lost lol

Quoting MegG25:

I'm not sure hon here's a bump!  

nathansmommy331
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Hi EFMP may/may not affect orders. When it comes time for orders research nearby hospitals. Please check out Military special needs network on Facebook or there website,sorry I'm mobile & can't make it clicky http://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=m_notif¬if_t=feed_comment&__user=1487738737#!/profile.php?id=191690567535621&__user=1487738737
This is a support page for EFMP families & can help answer questions you have. Plus they can help w/ getting info on other bases.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BompsMum
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:48 PM

thank you thank you!!! i dont want to have to add confusion and paperwork where it isnt needed but at the same time, i dont want to not get things in order before our next move. thanks!!!!

Quoting nathansmommy331:

Hi EFMP may/may not affect orders. When it comes time for orders research nearby hospitals. Please check out http://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=m_notif┬Čif_t=feed_comment&__user=1487738737#!/profile.php?id=191690567535621&__user=1487738737
This is a support page for EFMP families & can help answer questions you have. Plus they can help w/ getting info on other bases.

BompsMum
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM

i tried to cut and paste the link you put up and it didnt work :(

Quoting nathansmommy331:

Hi EFMP may/may not affect orders. When it comes time for orders research nearby hospitals. Please check out Military special needs network on Facebook or there website,sorry I'm mobile & can't make it clicky http://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=m_notif┬Čif_t=feed_comment&__user=1487738737#!/profile.php?id=191690567535621&__user=1487738737

nathansmommy331
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Your welcome. The women who run it are either EFM or have kids who are EFM. They are awesome ladies & have helped me out alot. The best part about this group is it's National & will hopefully be international soon. GL. Oh if you ever have any more questions feel free to message me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BompsMum
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

i found one on fb thats for the jacksonville area, is that the one? i have no clue if my condition is even considered something that would be part of the program or not lol

Quoting nathansmommy331:

Your welcome. The women who run it are either EFM or have kids who are EFM. They are awesome ladies & have helped me out alot. The best part about this group is it's National & will hopefully be international soon. GL. Oh if you ever have any more questions feel free to message me.

nathansmommy331
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
That group may be associated w/ our group. They might be of some help too. I would suggest checking out both groups.

Quoting BompsMum:

i found one on fb thats for the jacksonville area, is that the one? i have no clue if my condition is even considered something that would be part of the program or not lol

Quoting nathansmommy331:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)